PDA

View Full Version : I think we have an advertiser on the toddler bed board...

stella
05-30-2004, 03:37 PM
It's in regard to all the posts about "snug tuck."

Here is what I have noticed:
There are several snug tuck raves from posters and some are legitimate reviews from BB posters that we are all familiar with. You know these because the poster's name is underlined and at the top of their post it says "stella. 300 posts. 2 votes, 4 points" or whatever.

At the top of Jeanne Barajas and love my snug tuck, there is no such poster info and their name is not underlined, so I think they have circumvented your registration process somehow, and I think they are ads trying to look like legitimate posters.

stillplayswithbarbies
05-31-2004, 12:58 AM
Isn't that what it looks like if you make your profile invisible?

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

luvbeinmama
05-31-2004, 01:48 AM
First, the toddler board is not a "registered members only" board. Therefore, anyone can post, registered & logged in or not. All they have to do is provide a name. Jeanne Barajas is NOT a registered member. That is why her name is not underlined and there is no information below her name regarding # of posts, etc.

Second, I have seen all of her posts. And although they are all praising the snugtuck, and I think she probably is involved in snugtuck, every post has been a legitimate response to a question asked or problem posed by someone else. Personally, I don't see any problem with this. She is not going out and posting praises about snugtuck out of hand. She is answering questions. And although, it would be nice if she signed that she is the owner or whatever of snugtuck, I don't think she is going out of bounds with her posts.

JMHO

alandenisefields
06-01-2004, 01:40 PM
Hi there: Thanks for letting us know.

First, we fixed the forums in the TODDLER area---now only registered users can post, as all the other forums function. That was a glitch in how we set up the boards.

Second, we have deleted the posts from that user, as she is the owner of the company. While we do allow vendors to answer questions about their products, they must clearly identify themselves (in a sig line, etc). Without that, it is confusing as to who/why they are posting!

Thanks,
Alan & Denise
authors

ddmarsh
06-05-2004, 10:12 AM
I don't know if you permit this but she refers to your site (this site) under "testimonials" on her site as a place to see reviews of her product.

khakismom
06-05-2004, 11:26 PM
Yikes! I hope she (the owner) contacted those people about using their posts as testimonials. I would hate to find my review of a product being used on a product page without my permission.

alandenisefields
06-06-2004, 07:56 PM
The site didn't re-post any testimonials from this site; they just linked to a thread that discussed the product. Because that thread (praising this product) was a bit suspect, we have decided to delete it.

Alan & Denise fields