PDA

View Full Version : Adding Whimsical wears to the diaper bag list

petersmom
06-04-2004, 12:58 AM
Just a thought, since all of us who have ordered products from Kim at whimsical wears have been extremely happy, is it possible for her site to be added to the custom diaper bags and accessories section in your next book??
I have no affiliation with Kim other that purchasing her wonderful products!
Stephanie

khakismom
06-04-2004, 12:02 PM
That's a great idea! Ella Bags and possibly Cherry Pie bags should also be added too, esp. Ella since many of us have their products also. Thanks!

petersmom
06-04-2004, 07:21 PM
I will be honest with you, I personally have been VERY disappointed with my Ella products and definately with customer service!! Two of my items have had two of the extra feet on the bottom of the bag fall off within the first week of use!!I e-mailed 3 times, over a 4 week period with no response. Considering I purchased $ 300 of products from them you would think they would at least have the courtesy to at least acknowledge my emails. I will never purchase or recommend them again.

Unfortunately I am not the only one complaining about ella service or quality. When Comparing Ella to Whimsical Wears since their prices are similar ( as a matter of fact Ella's tend to be higher) it is like a clearanced item and a real Gucci.

Stephanie

khakismom
06-05-2004, 02:00 AM
I am sorry that you have had troubles with your Ellas. I personally have been extremely happy with my Ellas (3 bags) and their quality. When I received one and needed to change it, they responded immediately, as they had done to all my previous emails. And when I needed to add extras to my bags while they were being created, they made my changes willingly, responding to me quite timely. I do know that they have had a few growing pains while opening their new store, so perhaps you got caught up in that.

I also understand that you are not the only one complaining about Ella's service and quality. However, there are many, many more of us who are very happy with their Ellas.

LD92599
06-06-2004, 09:26 PM
I'm also very happy w/ my Ella AND my WW bags! I never had a problem w/ Ella...in fact, Aimee always replied to my emails practically within minutes. Since receiving my WW backpack i've now starting using the Ella as my work bag..i LOVE it.

I have no qualms with Ella quality either! There's things I love about both brands of bags.

Laura
mom to William

http://homepage.mac.com/ld14m

petersmom
06-07-2004, 09:05 AM
Well, I'm glad others have had better service.
I'm just sorry I was not one of them.
Stephanie

alandenisefields
06-07-2004, 01:38 PM
Good idea. Can some one sum up the latest thinking on this? Perhaps a list of the brands that seem to be getting the most buzz (besides the ones listed above)? Yes, we realize that is in the diaper bag forum (which we will look at before we write that), but is always nice to have a list up front.

Thanks,
Alan & Denise
authors

papal
06-08-2004, 12:42 PM
Me Too! Love my Ella bag.. always get compliments on it. It was the only choice for me because they actually have a zipper option... this was crucial for me as things tend to spill out of my bags. Great customer service... absolutely wonderful experience.

bluej
06-08-2004, 06:41 PM
I'm also thrilled with my Ella's! I have bags from both Ella and WW and I have no complaints about the quality of either of them.

Momof3Labs
06-08-2004, 09:48 PM
If you are adding diaper bag makers, why not sling makers? I'd love to see something other than the awful (well, IMO) Baby Bjorn recommended in the Baby Bargains book!

petersmom
06-09-2004, 12:16 AM
Okay so far on the diaper bag board we have come up with:

Whimsical wears
Ella Bags
I'm still me
cherry pie
Reese Li

We'll try a little longer, but we do have a thread going on this topic so I'll try and update this as we go along

Stephanie

Edited for typo!

workaholic
06-11-2004, 01:01 AM
I don't know if anyone here has ever seen M. Avery's bags but they are really funky.

She uses fabrics that are very off the wall and different.

http://www.maverydesigns.com/bagshop/useful/kimberly/kimberly.shtml

They also come with accessories I believe.

If anyone has ever seen them or has one maybe their imput would be great.

Aimee
Momma to Cooper

quikeye
07-07-2004, 03:35 AM
Another vote for "boutique" (WAHM made, custom, off the beaten path, non-BRU, etc.) slings! Peppermint.com has such a great selection as a starting point, and there are other awesome moms making great slings/carriers as well (Mom and Me, Kozy carrier, Kangaroo Korner, Zolo...) Also, making slings is a cost-cutter (bargain?) and relatively easy for moms/dads with sewing experience...