PDA

View Full Version : suggestion

hellosmiletoday
06-10-2004, 12:05 AM
I very much appreciated your book when shopping for baby, but I want to suggest two things...

A. You really dont need ANY diaper pail for an exclusively BF baby, so we just use a regular trash can and recycle grocery bags...It looks nicer too. I guess eventually we will use one when baby is eating solids, but I sure am saving tons in the meantime! We starting using diaper genie until we realized that the diapers didnt smell! Oh... and I hated the diaper genie!

B. The traditional bassinet was a life saver for me. It is small enough to fit in our tiny bedroom, and I can roll it around the house with me to keep on eye on DH. We have a PnP, but its currently used as a changing station, as the bassinett section is mainly used for storage or back up sleeping area while bassinet gets cleaned. I found a simple, stationary bassinett (no rocking) at Target for $59...one of the cheapest I could find...looks cute too! The vibration, music, and nightlight were an added bonus that have been quite useful.

alandenisefields
06-21-2004, 04:48 PM
Thanks for those comments. Well, you are right---you won't need a pail UNTIL you start solid foods!

Yep, a bassinet can be a good solution for a small space! Thanks for pointing that out.

Thanks again for taking the time to write!

--
Alan & Denise Fields, authors
BABY BARGAINS * BABY 411 * TODDLER BARGAINS