PDA

View Full Version : Problem with picture attachments when using mozilla/netscape...

quikeye
07-07-2004, 03:44 AM
Hi, I just wanted to let you know that whenever I am viewing attachments/pictures in mozilla-- if a poster has not selected the correct file option (jpg), the result is a scrambled mess. I don't have the same problem when viewing in ie (but I hate ie, so I don't use it unless I really want to see an image that has been incorrectly defined).

Example thread/post: http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=63&topic_id=10201&mesg_id=10201&page=

Poster has named the attachments as html instead of jpg (kinda common), and I can't see it in mozilla (and maybe netscape)? I know it's a cool feature to add all of the possible file types (below), but the only ones that I see ever get used are jpgs for pics... is it feasible/possible to remove some of the less common options (pretty much all but the pic types?)

I know the easy answer would be for me to just keep using ie to view attachments, and I will-- just wanted to let you know of a browser problem with the boards :)

Plain text file HTML file JPEG image file GIF image file
Zip compressed file tar compressed file

Thanks for listening,

lmariana
07-10-2004, 09:16 AM
I experience the same problem on my Mac, using the Safari browser. I can view things fine if I use Internet Explorer (which stinks and is super slow on Mac's), but Safari just delivers jumbled garbage. :(

Mariana
www.heinzandmariana.com
Mother of Gabriel, 08/14/2003

amp
07-11-2004, 10:45 AM
Me too. I always mention to people that I can't see their attachement as a text file and sometimes they change it to jpg, but not always. I'm just to lazy to diddle around trying to decode it by opening up another browser. I like my netscape!

alandenisefields
07-28-2004, 10:53 PM
Well, that is a bummer. As a Mac user, we agree---something is wrong there. We will alert the programmer and see if they can fix that in an upcoming release!

alan & denise
authors