PDA

View Full Version : Separate technical issues/avatar folder?

drsweetie
07-20-2004, 12:21 PM
Hi! Right now the "avatar posting" threads for people who don't have web sites are located in the Baby Bargains Lounge folder. These threads are really long and make browsing a bit of a drag -- would it be possible to have a separate folder where this type of post could occur, as well as other posts regarding problems with the site, computer questions, etc.?

Thanks so much for all the fun!

JElaineB
07-20-2004, 03:59 PM
A person can post their avatar in ANY post, it doesn't have to be in that long avatar thread. The problem is the way it is set up now with that thread not locked it encourages people to repost in it. I made a suggestion a while ago to fix it so that thread wouldn't keep popping up (look further down in this forum, there was a thread started by Neve), but it has been left the way it is currently. Problems regarding this site I believe are supposed to go in this very forum - The Suggestion Box. The Lounge though is a catch-all for everything else, including people seeking help on general computer issues, etc.

ETA: Here is a link to the thread I am referencing:

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=36&topic_id=918&mesg_id=918&page=

Jennifer
mom to Jacob 9/27/02

alandenisefields
07-28-2004, 10:38 PM
You're right; that would be helpful. We will look to create a tech issues forum to deal with that!

Alan & Denise
authors

stillplayswithbarbies
07-28-2004, 11:26 PM
I updated my post in the original thread to tell people not to reply to it and that an avatar can be attached to any post. Hopefully that will help.

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

ciaobella
10-19-2004, 12:13 PM
Test