PDA

View Full Version : Controversial threads...

Emmas Mom
07-30-2004, 05:12 PM
Just wondering if there is a way for those threads that have become quite controversial to be "locked" so that no one else can post on them. I frequent several message boards for various interests & this is the only one that doesn't have that feature. Not that the moderators don't do a good job of keeping the mud from truly slinging, but it just may be an aide to them. :)

amp
07-30-2004, 05:18 PM
Threads that do become inappropriate *do* get locked. Luckily, it doesn't need to happen terribly often here, and mods like to try to add some civility to the dialogue before outright locking the threads like a parent. But they will step in if need be. And if you think a thread has resorted to namecalling or inappropriate language, beyond just a somewhat heated discussion, you can bring it to Rachel (Rachels) or Lori's (Momof3labs) attention, as well as Denise & Alan.

Emmas Mom
07-30-2004, 05:34 PM
That's probably why I hadn't seen any that did get "locked". I haven't been around that long either. Thanks for the info. :)

amp
07-30-2004, 08:16 PM
Not a problem. I fear you might be seeing it happen sooner than we thought! ;-)

Emmas Mom
07-31-2004, 12:41 AM
lol...yep, I caught that one.

alandenisefields
07-31-2004, 01:11 PM
We ask our moderators to "tread lightly" and only to lock a thread if the discussion gets out of hand---personal attacks, etc. That means folks are allowed to have heated discussions on controversial topics! It is a balancing act.

Alan & Denise
authors