PDA

View Full Version : BIRTH ANNOUNCEMENTS

kimberley
08-15-2001, 12:04 PM
Wondering if anyone had any suggestions for some really high quality birth announcements? First baby, first grandchild on either side so price is not a consideration.

Thanks!

emmiem
08-16-2001, 03:04 PM
I bought reallly fun, unusual birth announcements from a book called Bambino. They are definitely not cheap. 50cards, 50 envelopes, 50 thankyous with envelopes ran $500. They are exquisite! I went to a store called Papyrus but any high end stationary or gift wrap store should have it. (Not Hallmark stores)
Emmie

Shari
08-21-2001, 01:40 PM
>Wondering if anyone had any suggestions
>for some really high quality
>birth announcements? First baby, first
>grandchild on either side so
>price is not a consideration.
>
>
>Thanks!

Our son just arrived 1-Jun-2001 and we also purchased the Bambino brand. We spent hours on the internet searching until we found this brand. They are expensive but they are absolutely beautiful----and unique. After not finding anything we liked---this brand had 3 we liked---it was hard to decide. You can purchase these online at http://www.celebrateinvitations.com. We did the entire process electronically!

Congratulations!
Shari

km
10-31-2001, 03:31 PM
we purchased naptime cards - www.naptimecards.com
Their customer service and attnetion were exceptional, and the announcements were beautiful.

KRM
11-12-2001, 11:32 AM
The Stacey Claire Boyd birth announcements are beautiful and unique. I got them for my first born and I just loved them!

sntm
05-28-2002, 08:51 PM
you can never go wrong with Crane.

shannon
not-even-pregnant-yet-overachiever

caroliner
05-31-2002, 01:56 PM
William Arthur has some very nice announcements. Excellent quality.

emilyphill
06-21-2002, 08:57 PM
What people really want to see is a picture of the baby. I barely notice the annoucements anymore. I just toss them in the trash as I rush to put the picture on my fridge!
I used alphabitsoup.com (recommended in the BB book) and had an excellent experience. I mailed in a beautiful black and white pic (took 3 rolls of film to get) and they printed it on cardstock. Then there is a vellum overlay with the info and it is tied together with a lovely grosgrain ribbon. Everyone loved it! My friends still have it on their fridges and my dd is nine months old.
Whatever you pick, make sure you enclose a picture :)

laura_winckler
06-23-2002, 08:40 PM
My sister-in-law sent cards through Shutterfly.com of her son and new baby together. She managed to get a beautiful shot of the two of them, and then Shutterfly made cards, printed a personal message inside, and mailed them for her. You can even upload all of your addresses from Outlook. It was gorgeous, although not the traditional "baby announcement".

Rachels
06-24-2002, 08:16 AM
We got naptime cards as well. They are really beautiful, and we've gotten a number of phone calls from friends commenting on how great the announcements are. And the customer service was just wonderful.

JakesMom
07-01-2002, 09:52 PM
I have to second the vote for Crane... they do lovely work.

JakesMom
Chicago

Melanie
07-12-2002, 11:55 AM
We used Pea Pod announcements. They were very nice and we received many comments. They print a baby photo on them. Check out their site!

http://www.peapodpaperco.com/

The only negative being that you have to find time in the early weeks to take a photo, get them developed and then send it in! Ours didn't go out until Ds was about 6 weeks old, but it was worth the wait. (Oh, and opt for them to tie the ribbons, you really don't have time for such a thing with a newborn)

Mommy to Jonah

sntm
07-12-2002, 10:50 PM
I love that they let you pre-order the envelopes so you can address them before baby is born! Does every place do that?

shannon
not-even-pregnant-yet-overachiever

suzska
07-13-2002, 08:17 AM
Most places will send you the envelopes ahead of time so that you can address them. Of course this only helps if you know which announcement you want ahead of time, which can be tricky if you don't know whether you're having a boy or girl and might want a different announcement either way.

Next time I'll just be "lazy" and print out labels before hand and try to order the announcements right away. Maybe....

Rachels
07-14-2002, 11:56 AM
I preordered envelopes with Naptime cards. You can order them in cream, blue, or pink. I got the cream-colored ones, and then ordered my announcements with a pink ribbon. They looked beautiful, and the envelopes were all done in advance.

newbelly2002
07-15-2002, 01:47 PM
Do be aware that there some companies charge a nominal fee to send the envelopes early (to the store, not to you--that costs even more in my experience). I ordered some adorable announcements from Bambino and to get the envelopes early it cost an extra $12.00. Not a big deal, but something to keep in mind.

Rachels
07-16-2002, 12:02 PM
This varies company to company. With Naptime cards, I paid shipping for the envelopes but got a $10 credit toward my announcements.
-Rachel

dfox
08-04-2002, 12:34 PM
I second the Stacy Clair Boyd recommendation!! I loved the way my little girls announcement turned out. I'm even framing it for her room.

Oh, a little pet peeve I'll share, please do NOT use peel off mailing labels for announcements or any nice mailings like weddings or party invitations. It looks really shabby, as if you didn't care what it looks like. It's the opposite of individual attention. Handwriting (whether it's by your own hand or a paid caligrapher) looks worlds better than a stick-on label. Computer printing directly on the envelope is a second best option.