PDA

View Full Version : Any suggestions re:international travel with 10 mo. infant?

acadiaphile
03-13-2002, 06:01 PM
My DD and I will be flying to Germany this spring (late June). We'll be visiting friends in Frankfurt and then meeting up with my DH in Dusseldorf. We'll then fly to Seattle for a friend's wedding. Does anybody have any advice on long-distance air travel with an infant? She'll be traveling as a "lap child" and we won't need a crib since friends'll be providing one there. What about things like food and diapers? She's breastfeeding, so formula's not a concern.

Thanks for your good advice.

emmiem
03-14-2002, 12:17 PM
Bring everything you can think of because things are impossible to find when you need them. I went to Jamaica with my 10 month old and was glad I had all the food, snacks, and diapers. I used more diapers and wipes than I originally planned. I was glad I overpacked.

nywifey
03-14-2002, 01:40 PM
There is a lot of info on traveling with an infant on epinions.com. I love the writer SGENTILE. She's a mom from CT with two kids. Very knowledgable. I've saved many of her reports. She reviews baby food, diapers everything. She has a review regarding a vest for turbulance in the plane for babies and toddlers. You might want to look her up and read some of her reviews. Hopefully she can help you.

nigele
03-15-2002, 06:32 PM
I will be traveling to England later this year with a 5 month old and found out some international flights now offer bassinets! Apparently, they are located in the bulkheads (I've never seen them so I'm not quite sure how they work.) I didn't have to pay for a seat for the baby - only taxes and fees. The bassinets are complimentary. It's definitely worth callling your airline to inquire.