PDA

View Full Version : Boppy Tummytime Pillow

Misty1572
03-16-2002, 06:54 PM
I was wondering if anyone has ever tried this? My 3 month old DH HATES being on her tummy and I was thinking of purchasing this to help. I am afraid it won't make any difference and just be a waste of $...however I am desperate to find a way for her to spend time on her tummy without screaming! I try getting down on the floor with her but it makes NO difference.

HOBSON725
03-16-2002, 07:06 PM
We have a Boppy and my DD uses it for "tummy time." She hates being on tummy too! It makes it more enjoyable though...she last about 10 minutes w/the boppy vs. 1-2 minutes w/no boppy. I'm glad I'm not the only one with a baby that HATES tummy time!!

Misty1572
03-16-2002, 07:12 PM
I know! It is SO frustrating because you know how important it is for them to spend time on their tummies! Do you use the regular Boppy or do you have the one made especially for tummy time?

HOBSON725
03-17-2002, 04:10 PM
I use a regular boppy...do they make a special Tummy Time Boppy? If they do I haven't seen one yet. Is it any different?

Misty1572
03-24-2002, 09:01 AM
Yes, they do make one especially for use with a baby on his/her tummy. Looks like the pillow is smaller and has a small mat attached. It also has toys at the top for the child to play with. It seems expensive though...at about $30. I think I'll give my regular Boppy a try first!

holland2
03-26-2002, 05:34 PM
MY DD used the bobby for tummy time even though she hated being on her stomach. now at 7 months still likes to play with it and use it as a pillow when she gets tired. I think you will find it well used.

stampmom
04-18-2002, 03:11 PM
I don't know anything about the Boppy Tummytime Pillow, but as someone who had a baby who also hated "tummy time," I can tell you what worked for me. Either my DH or I would like down on our back on the floor, and then give the baby "tummy time" on our chest -- that way, he had a great view of Mommy or Daddy's face, rather than the carpet! He'd still only "tolerate" about 10 minutes of tummy time at a pop, but that was definitely an improvement over instantly crying the second we put him down!

HTH!
Dawn
Mommy to Adam 6/98
Jeremy(?) expected 7/02

Jackie
04-29-2002, 04:16 PM
My DS hated tummy time also. He would roll himself over from his back to his tummy and start crying everytime until I turned him over again. I never did find a way to keep him on his belly without crying until a couple of months later when he would roll himself back over from his stomach to his back. He is as strong as an ox and the only "tummy time" he got at first was when I would wait a minute to roll him back over on his back.