PDA

View Full Version : Baby Faire Report

savvymomtobe
04-06-2002, 11:10 PM
If you are lucky enough to have a Baby Faire Venue near you, do yourself a favor and attend. My DH and I went to the Miami Beach Baby Faire today. We went in empty handed. We left with two big bags brimming with bottles, nipples, baby treats, samples, coupons, magazines, doodads, and other freebies from companies like Avent, Playtex, Evenflo, and Gerber. We also got answers to many of the baby gear questions we had.

With the $3.00 coupon, admission was five bucks a head. The booty we filled our trunk with, though, was easily worth $50.00. Good deal.

But not only do you get samples and freebies, you get to see the latest baby gear, buy from companies like Maclaren at show prices, and ask as many questions of the manufacturer reps as you can.

Right now, I am expecting baby #1. The Faire, though, has all kinds of events and activities geared towards parents who bring their infants and toddlers with them. All and all, it was a good day at the Faire.

m2tandk
04-07-2002, 08:20 PM
I went to and it was great! You are right about the samples easily being worth $50 too! My mom went with me and together we got doubles of everything!

Kelly

Rachels
04-08-2002, 07:51 AM
I don't know about other cities, but the Baby Faire will be in Boston at Bayside Expo the last weekend in April for anyone who lives nearby.

savvymomtobe
04-09-2002, 01:57 PM
This list of 2002 Baby Faire venues is from the American Baby Web site at http://www.americanbaby.com/ab/CDA/bfAbout/0,1334,,00.html . If you go, make sure you do what Kelly did and bring a friend or relative or two.

Boston, MA
Bayside Expo
April 27-28

Dallas, TX
Dallas Market Hall
May 18-19

Atlanta, GA
Cobb Galleria
September 14-15

Edison, NJ
NJ Convention & Expo/Raritan Center
November 2-3