PDA

View Full Version : More questions about photography

babe1201
04-17-2002, 02:09 PM
Hi, all! DH and I will soon be taking DS (4 1/2 months old) to meet my grandmother in another state. My parents (who live in still another state) will be meeting us there. I would like to have a 4-generation portrait taken. Can anyone recommend a chain-type place where we can see and choose proofs right away, and then purchase pictures and have them mailed to us? I've used Olan Mills before, but they don't offer same-day proofs. Any suggestions? Does Sears, Penneys, Target, or WalMart have same-day proofs? Thanks!

momathome
04-17-2002, 06:04 PM
See if there is a Picture People in the area you are going to - they do very nice group portraits and you get the pictures themselves in about an hour. They do six different poses, print up all the pictures, and then you can pick any sheets that you want to buy. Two years ago, my 2 brothers, 4 cousins, and my daughter and I had a portrait done at Picture People as a Christmas gift to our grandmother and it turned out beautifully! Good luck!
-Lauren

egoldber
04-17-2002, 06:32 PM
I would also recommend The Picture People. They do a very nice job, have very cute props, etc. and you get your pictures in an hour. They are not the cheapest in the world, but they often have coupons in the Sunday paper coupon insert and also on their website
http://www.picturepeople.com/homepage.html .

HTH,

babe1201
04-18-2002, 10:00 AM
Thank you both for your replies. Unfortunately, there isn't a Picture People store where I'm going (although there is one where I live :)!). Does anyone else have another suggestion?

tarheelmom
04-18-2002, 11:28 AM
We have used Wal-Mart several times and they do have "proofs" available immediatly. In fact, as soon as the picture is shot they show it to you and ask if you want to keep it or not. Then, after you "keep" your shots (either 6 or 8, I can't remember), you sit at a little computer station and view them all. Then you pick which one you want for your package. Their advertised package (which is VERY inexpensive) is only good for the first shot. We always get the first shot. The good thing is you can buy a cd disk for the computer with all of the shots on it for around $6.00. We always get that and email all the pics to everyone! The only downside is their backdrops are a little cheesy, in my opinion. We get the plain ones.