PDA

View Full Version : baby shower registry suggestions- help!

spu
05-14-2002, 10:12 AM
My family will be throwing us a baby shower after the birth since I'm on bedrest with the twins. So, the babies will be close to 3 mos old when we finally have the shower. Any suggestions on what to register for for that age? What will we need as the babies get closer to 3 mos and 6 mos?

thanks for your help!
first-time-mom,

susan
twin girls due July 30

luvbeinmama
05-14-2002, 05:48 PM
High chairs!! I don't know about having twins, but I didn't use the high chair until I started feeding solids at 6 mos.

Clothing. You need new clothing every few months for the first year at least.

You could register for convertible car seats as they won't be using those until 9-12 mos. or later.

You may have decided on what bottles you really want to use by then and what the girls will accept, assuming you will use the bottle at least occassionally. You could register for a larger supply.

That's what's coming to mind right now.

suzska
05-14-2002, 06:40 PM
Hmmm...to add to that, other feeding items like sippy cups, bowls, spoons. I know those are "small" items, but they can add up. My favorite "feeding bibs" are actually the plastic ones with the "scoop" made by Maws. My son knows when there's no food left on his highchair tray, to try looking in the "scoop!" LOL! And maybe feeding chairs to keep at grandma's if she's close by.

And by then you'll have a good idea of how "big" your girls are and how fast they're growing, so you'll have an idea of what size clothing they might need for which season. I was given several outfits that my son could never wear because they were the wrong size for the wrong season. He is on the small side of the curve, but everyone is use to "big" babies these days, and would buy things that were just wrong.

Then there are toys and books and maybe some Baby Einstein DVDs/Videos. And of course diapers and wipes (again, you'll know which kind/size diapers you might want/need by then).

I can't think of anything else right now.

twins r fun
05-15-2002, 11:45 AM
Hi Susan!

Depending on whether you plan to use any of these things:
exersaucers, doorway jumpers, backpack carriers

I agree with other posters that you should register for the highchairs and convertible carseats. Also my husband and I love having lightweight single strollers for when we're both out with our twins.

Nicole