PDA

View Full Version : How to clean used toys

elovesme99
06-03-2002, 11:55 AM
Hi!
Anyone have some ideas about how to clean used toys? I bought a bunch of toys at a yard sale that cannot be submerged due to their parts. They are mostly plastic. I removed the surface dirt with a wipester....any ideas for cleaning them up a bit better?

Thanks!
Amy

trumansmom
06-03-2002, 01:10 PM
I just did the same thing and got some great deals! $100 worth of toys in perfect condition for less than $10!! To clean them I just took some Clorox wipes and scrubbed them down, let them sit, scrubbed them with wipes again (I carry these in my diaper bag for dropped toys and grocery carts) and then took a damp cloth and wiped them down again. Sometimes I get wild and spray everything down with Lysol, too!

Hope that helps!

egoldber
06-03-2002, 02:10 PM
Depending on how cheap the toys were (and what kind they are) I wash them in the washing machine with bleach or the dish washer. Even if it says don't submerge them, I do it anyway. I have only had a problem with one toy after doing this with a lot of toys. Even then, the toy returned to "normal" once it dried out.

If it's an electronic type toy, then you obviously can't do this. But I wash all the exposed parts with a 10% bleach solution (10 parts water to one part bleach). So far so good!

HTH,