PDA

View Full Version : fabric softener?

jojo2324
06-08-2002, 10:34 PM
Is it okay to use fabric softener sheets in the dryer with babies' clothes? I think nesting has begun!!

hthompson
06-09-2002, 10:42 AM
I did not at first.....my daughter seemed to have a lot of diaper rash and I was told that the fabric softener could be a contributor. After washing her clothes separately for a few weeks with no fabric softener, I realized that it didn't really make sense.....that wasn't touching her bottom, just the diaper was! So, I reverted back to washing everyone's clothes together and we haven't had any problems!

Heather
(mommy to 11 month old Meg)

suzska
06-09-2002, 06:24 PM
I don't use fabric softener on any of my son's clothes. And that includes dryer sheets. I always thought that it might interfere with the flame retardency of his sleepwear. Maybe I'm wrong, but I haven't had any problems--just a few minor static problems on the really fleecy stuff. And I just use Tide Free Liquid and warm water for everything. We have a front loading washer which seems to be pretty gentle on clothes in general, so I don't worry about using a delicate cycle. And everything gets dried on the medium/low heat setting (yes, that's the setting--between medium and low).