PDA

View Full Version : Dropping?

jojo2324
06-10-2002, 06:17 PM
When the #@*$^@*&% is it going to happen? Sorry if I misled many with one of my previous (frantic) posts about what to put in the hospital bag...My EDD is 6/28, not in thirteen minutes. (Although it feels like it's flying by that quickly.) So I am nearly two weeks from EDD and the baby has yet to drop...Is this normal? Anything I can do to help it along? Qs from a first-time mommy :) Obviously I would like to avoid a c-section if at all possible, and I just feel like the longer the baby hangs out "up" there, the greater my chances of having one. Just trying to ease my harried mind.

KathyO
06-15-2002, 10:34 PM
Some o' the little beggars don't drop until you're actually in labour. I dropped AGES before labour, so spent the last month and a half in "any minute now!" suspense. (And much of that time was spent looking for bathrooms, since my bladder was shrunk to pea size. So not dropping yet is maybe not a bad thing.)

My obstetrician said that, in practical terms, "dropping" just takes a couple of inches off the distance for baby to travel on the Big Day. More important is whether your cervix thins and dilates on cue. (Oh, dear - have I helped at all or just given you something else to worry about?!)

Hang in there,

KathyO

Rachels
06-16-2002, 09:58 AM
Please don't scare yourself! There is NO relationship between when a baby drops and the likelihood of a c-section, but there IS a relationship between expecting a cesarean birth and winding up with one. Trust your body here-- it has worked perfectly to grow this baby, and chances are excellent that the baby will do what he/she needs to do to be born. I know the last few weeks can be frantic, but there really is no right way for it to go. Try to be good to yourself during your wait. You're almost there!

Good luck!

-Rachel

caroliner
06-17-2002, 01:48 PM
My EDD is 6/22, just 5 days away, and while I think maybe perhaps the baby is lower, there is nothing really noticable about it, and it is more likely wishful thinking. In fact, I see no signs that birth is imminent at all! But, she will either get in gear, or she'll get some help. I think they just do what they want! Hang in there. I know I am trying to.