PDA

View Full Version : Little Forest Natural Baby Care Products

aprender
06-14-2002, 08:00 AM
does anyone have an opinion (good or bad) about this company and their products? My Ped. had a basket of therapeutic baby lotion samples in his office and it is amazing. I've checked out the website and while the prices are a little steep they claim their products are all natural. Just wanted to find out if anyone had any experiences with the products or the company. thanks!

kathsmom
07-02-2002, 09:04 AM
Hi! I am new to the boards, but wanted to let you know about the Little Forest Baby Products. Paula Begoun,author of "Don't Go to the Cosmetics Counter Without Me", does not recommend any of these products. She has listed the following as skin irritants that are found in the Little Forest Baby items: tea tree oil, eucalyptus oil, and grapefruit seed extract. She has a list of Baby's Skin-Care products toward the back of her latest book (5th edition, 1st printing published January 2001). You can also check out her website at www.cosmeticscop.com

Hope this helps!

sntm
07-02-2002, 10:03 PM
Thanks for the posting! That was really helpful. I've always loved Burt's Bees stuff so it was surprising to read that they weren't really recommended. I agree though that Cetaphil would be wonderful for babies.

shannon
not-even-pregnant-yet-overachiever

kathsmom
07-03-2002, 02:29 PM
Hi, Shannon!

I'm glad you found the information about Little Forest products helpful. I love Paula's books, website, and newsletter. She has saved me a lot of money over the years. I am expecting our 2nd child, and wish I would have had this book when I was pregnant with our daughter (who is now 6).

I was really surprised about the irritating ingredients in most of the "all natural" lines, including Burts Bees. And since I have developed a sensitivity to fragrance, it is nice to know which lines I can use with the baby that won't irritate him or me!!

Sincerely,
Toni

aprender
07-03-2002, 02:39 PM
thank you thank you thank you.

I sent a copy of her article to my father who is a chemist (also a patent attorney for a company that makes soaps etc.) to see what he thinks of her findings.

I will not be buying any of the Little Forest products (or anything else she doesn't recommend). Why chance it with the skin he'll have for the rest of his life!

thanks again for your post!

Alicia, mom of Robert.

kathsmom
07-03-2002, 09:58 PM
Hi, Alicia!

I would love to know what your father thinks about the ingredients in these (and other skin care and cosmetics products). Paula really does her research on these things. She does make a disclaimer at the beginning of her book about how things she may not recommend still may work just fine for someone. She is just trying to let the public know about known skin irritants - these may affect some people, but not others. I know that my skin is a lot better (I have sensitive, oily skin with rosacea), since I have followed her advice. I have also learned that I don't have to spend a fortune on skin care for me or my family. (I still do have the occasional beauty product splurge!!)

I am so glad that my earlier post helped you make a more informed decision about the Little Forest Baby products.

Keep me posted on what your dad says!!

Toni - mom to Katherine and baby boy on the way