PDA

View Full Version : tingling or numb hands/fingers

spu
06-25-2002, 02:02 PM
Hi ladies,
Did any of you experience tingling or numbness in your hands/fingers/arms at all during the last trimester?

I'm about 2 weeks from d.day and for the past 2-3 weeks, it feels like I wacked my funny bone in my elbow and my fingertips are completely numb. It's mostly on the right side and seems to come in waves. The fingertips are pretty much numb all the time, but as soon as I start to do something, or even if I'm just sleeping, I get that horrible sharp numb pain from the elbow down.

The doc's say it's just carpal tunnel syndrome. Does it go away? Is there anything I can do for relief in the meantime? Moving around or wiggling my arms/fingers doesn't seem to do much at all so I usually moan and wait it out.

Thanks for sharing any info!
susan

twins due in about 2 weeks+/- ! :)

egoldber
06-25-2002, 07:21 PM
I had this all throughout my last trimester. I could barely sleep most nights because my arm would be tingly and numb. Once I woke up the first time, ugh, that was pretty much it for the night.

But the bright side is it stopped almost immediately after I delivered. :)

HTH,

suzska
06-26-2002, 07:24 AM
For me the numbness stopped, but I still have problems with my fingers. Don't know if it's arthritis or carpal tunnel.

denise1111
06-26-2002, 09:59 PM
Susan,
My mild CTS really flared when I was pregnant with my twins in the 2nd trimester (so much for the little aphgans I wanted to crochet, anyday I attempted to work on them I paid dearly at night with spasms...the numbing and tingling seemed almost constant) The good news is like all the other post is it disappeared almost immediately after delivery. Hang in there, it won't be long now!
***Denise E***

mspacman
06-26-2002, 11:57 PM
I had CTS too, but unlike the others, mine hung around for more than a month after delivery. My c-section incision actually healed sooner! A wrist brace from the drugstore helped (I needed one just to hold a pencil or fork) and ice packs or Icy Hot also gave a little relief.

Hang in there, and just thank your lucky stars you don't have PUPPPS. (If you did, you wouldn't care so much about your hand, LOL!)

Shesha
06-27-2002, 11:12 AM
I had extreme carpal tunnel in my last trimester with my first son. It was so bad at night that I only could sleep in small intervals. It went away about a week after delivery and I discovered (while in the hospital) that it was much better if I slept elevated. Try sleeping propped up on a few pillows with your arms down and it shouldn't occur as much. Also, I am pregnant again and have not had any problems this time even though I am due in 3 weeks.

Hang in there,

Trisha