PDA

View Full Version : Manufacturer websites -- what do you look for?

Cribwoman11365
06-27-2002, 09:49 AM
I work for a large infant/toddler furniture manufacturer (cannot say who). When you are looking at a manufacturer's website -- not a web retailer site -- what information do you want to see? Do you want to see all the manufacturer's products in all color options? Do you want to see matching pieces put together as a "room setting", or separate pictures? Do you want to know the assembled dimensions of each product, the dimensions of the box that the product is in, or both? Do you want to know where to find a specific product, or just where to find the manufacturer's products in general? I am really interested in knowing what makes a manufacturer's website a winner ... or a loser! Any comments are appreciated. Thanks!

daisymommy
06-27-2002, 11:55 AM
I think you touched on many of the things us Mommies-to-be look for in a manufacturer's website. There are NOT that many good ones out there! Here are some important things I like to see:
*Product in each color option available (or at least a swatch of color), but it's easier to imagine when you see an actual picture in the color you want.
* DEFINETELY a picture of all matching pieces together in a room setting. This is what sold me on the furniture I have in my house (not just baby furniture). Dress up your model nursery with bedding, curatins, etc. and you have a winner!
*Seperate pictures also of pieces because when you are looking at them setup in a room, sometimes you can only see their sides. If you have seperate pictures, you can show the piece from the front. Not to be a "copycat" but one of my favorite sites is JC Penny's baby furniture because you can zoom in on certain features of furniture, and look at it from 360 degree angles.
*It's a must to know the assembled directions of a product (I don't really care about box size though). I actually bought a dresser and changing table, only to have to return them because they didn't both fit in the nuresery. (Now I have a smaller combo set). But it would've been easier to know ahead of time!
*YES! Please tell us where to buy your product! There are great furniture makers out there, where I was sold and excited about certain pieces of furniture, but then had to hunt for a month trying to find someone who sold them. By then, I was irritated, gave up, and bought another brand!
*Please include average retail prices as well.
Hope this Helps!