PDA

View Full Version : Nanny Advice

Andrews Mom
07-17-2002, 06:24 PM
Any advice on how to find a good nanny? My husband and I are looking for a part-time nanny (9 to 1 ish). It would be perfect if we could find a nanny-share situation with a family that has children in school in the mornings but I don't even know where to start? I know there are agencies but they are pretty expensive. Is it worth the expense for the convenience or do you have any tips on finding a nanny on your own?

Thanks for any help you can give!

Mindy

zane
07-25-2002, 10:30 PM
My advice after 4 yrs of trial & error and now have 2 wonderful part time people is to tell everyone you know that you are looking, and tell them again and again. Put up flyers at day care center bullatin boards (if they allow it) and put an ad in the pennysaver (or equivalent type weekly circular in your area). I have found great people from this type of ad, usually from a mom who had full time help, but needs only part time now and does not want to lose her great person. Colleges also have bullitin boards for this sort of thing. I have not done this, bu many friends have found great people there too.
Good luck.
zane

Andrews Mom
07-26-2002, 03:00 PM
Thanks so much for your help, Zane. Great advice!

:)