PDA

View Full Version : Carseat Woes

Rachels
07-29-2002, 07:11 AM
Hi, everybody. My ten-week-old daughter HATES riding in the car. She almost never cries at other times, but in the car will scream herself hoarse and rarely falls asleep. It's so stressful, and I'm having trouble getting out of the house. I think she gets bored. At home, I have the FP Kick-and-Play bouncer, and she will sit in it perfectly contentedly for 20 minutes, just watching the lights. I'm wondering if there's anything similar for the car which would still be safe, or if anybody has other ideas for how to help her with her carseat trauma. Are we doomed?
-Rachel

Melanie
07-30-2002, 03:10 AM
Have you tried another type of car seat? There could be something in it that is uncomfortable to her. Could it be sun in her eyes, or hot metal? Have you tried a favorite (soft) toy or having someone sit with her?

My son began to hate his once he could sit upright unassisted, so switching to a convertible helped, but your little one is too young for that to be the case. Also, one of us always rides with him on longer trips.

Good Luck.

Mommy to Jonah

Stow
08-05-2002, 04:34 PM
I don't know if she likes her mobile as well as the kick and play bouncer but I did see a mobile which attachs to the car window and hangs over the car seat at Babies-R-Us. Might be worth a try.

egoldber
08-05-2002, 06:43 PM
I have a friend whose baby also HATED the carseat from day one. He did the same thing, screamed himself hoarse EVERY time he got in the car. The doctor said that he might feel carsick. It did get better as he got older. Hang in there!

Andrews Mom
08-12-2002, 11:37 PM
I have a little mirror that attaches to the back seat and sits right in front of DS. He loves looking at himself in the car. A good friend has a baby who hates the car and she just bought a mirror because she saw how much my DS loved his. She said her baby is much happier in the car now. Loves to look at and talk to himself. Worth a shot. :)

HTH
Mindy