PDA

View Full Version : Making my list...

22tango
08-07-2002, 02:06 PM
...of what to pack in my hospital bag!!!

So, I'm really interested to know from those of you who've done this before:
- what were the items you brought to the hospital that you couldn't have done without??
- what items just took up space and should have been left at home?!?

I'm at 32 weeks and counting (and trying to get everything ready ahead of time!!!)

Rachels
08-07-2002, 05:30 PM
So exciting! I had my baby in a birthing center, so my stay was very short, but there were still a few things I was really glad to have. Bring several changes of clothes, especially underwear. Maternity underwear works fine. I liked the Stayfree pads the best, because they were really soft. You'll want a hairbrush, lotion, or whatever else you use to make yourself feel generally comfortable. During the labor, you might want some hard candies to suck on. I also was really glad to have Chapstick. A robe is important, especially if you'd like to move around during your labor. I never used music during my labor, but some people really like that. I had one sentimental object with me, which actually helped get me through the point at which I thought I couldn't do it anymore. I'm sure other people will answer this, too, but I'll post again as I think of other stuff. Check the archives, too. I'm pretty sure there was a post about this previously.

Good luck!

-Rachel

luvbeinmama
08-07-2002, 07:23 PM
Yes, we just went over that with Joanne. I put a message at the end of her thread so it's right here for you to read. Hope it helps!