PDA

View Full Version : Big Baby - Mom backache

MomMam
08-09-2002, 03:42 AM
My son just 16 weeks old and he's almost 17 lbs. It hard for me to lift him up. He's so little and he wants me to carry him a lot. I got a backache. Do you have any advice for me? It's a long way to go until he can walk by himself. Eventhough he can walk, he still want mom to carry him sometimes. I use BJ and Nojo Sling but they still cause me backache.

egoldber
08-09-2002, 08:39 AM
A lot of people are not very happy with the Nojo sling. Check out this link http://www.kangarookorner.com/ for a fantastic review of many different types of slings. A different one will probably work better for you.

There are also hip carriers available if your baby has good head control. There have been several recent discussions of those.

When using the front carrier, make sure it is adusted properly. But I found that once my baby hit about 18 pounds the front carrier was very hard to use. At 20 pounds that was it. She was just too heavy for me. I started using a Maya Wrap pouch as a hip carrier and love it.

HTH,

Melanie
08-11-2002, 05:37 PM
Are you saying your 4 month-old walks already?

Anyway, you could try the baby trekker, it offers more back support than the baby bjorn. www.babytrekker.com

Mommy to Jonah

MomMam
08-12-2002, 11:45 PM
Thanks for your advices. I didn'r mean he can walk right now. Sorry for my broken English. I means inthe future, when he can walk, he'll need to carry occationally. I thnk my problem happens when pick him up and put him down for short moment sometimes 5 to 10 mins each time that causes my backache. I'm not sure that carrier gonna help. Anyone use any back support?

Thank
MomMam