PDA

View Full Version : catalogs

cara1
08-16-2002, 07:37 AM
Any suggestions for baby catalogs? My homebound grandparents (DS's great-grandparents) don't have internet access, but want to buy gifts for my DS. All the catalogs I've seen have more practical items, safety items, etc. Any catalogs out there for toys or clothes that they could shop from?

tarheelmom
08-16-2002, 09:20 AM
I can only think of two, offhand. I get the babystyle.com catalog, and it has a lot of cute, somewhat upscale items. It has clothes, toys, "gear" (strollers, carriers, etc.). You can sign up for it on their website. Also, One Step Ahead has some cute toys. A lot of it is safety items, but it has some other itmes sprinkled in. If I can think of any other catalogs, I'll post back later!

Rachels
08-16-2002, 09:45 AM
I love the Hanna Anderson catalog for clothes.

Melanie
08-16-2002, 12:18 PM
Discovery Toys has a catalog that looks good. You have to buy through a rep., but the stuff I've seen in person was nice.

Mommy to Jonah

brubeck
08-16-2002, 04:43 PM
The Land's End Kids catalog has some nice clothes, although slightly overprices. One Step Ahead has tons of great stuff, but again it's always overpriced.

My husband's grandmother got a catalog called The Wooden Soldier (1-800-356-3530) that has totally extravagant clothing for boys and girls, as well as some Mommy/daughter outfit combos. The stuff is incredibly impractical and expensive but very cute. This is exactly up Great-Grandma's alley.

For toys, they could try the IKEA catalog.

Zansu
08-16-2002, 04:49 PM
FWIW, given the quality, customer service and guarantee available from Lands End, I would *never* consider them to be over-priced.

laura_winckler
08-16-2002, 09:53 PM
You might try Constructive Playthings, Lakeshore Learning, and Discount Teacher Supply catalogs for toys, art supplies, etc. They won't be as useful for a new baby, but they are great resources for toys for mobile babies and up. Check their websites to request a catalog for the grandparents. Constructive Playthings is www.constplaythings.com The others are self-explanatory. You might also try Lillian Vernon for some cute toys, blankets, playmats, etc. You can get a catalog that is all kids' stuff called Lilly's Kids.

Rachels
08-17-2002, 08:06 AM
IQ Kids (www.iqkids.com) is a gold mine for toys, stuffed animals, etc.