PDA

View Full Version : How do you upload an image?

jojo2324
08-19-2002, 10:26 PM
Hi all...I am slowly learning the powers of computers, and have been trying (in vain) to post an image here as part of my signature. I entered a URL as per the FAQ, but all I see is a box with an X in it. I have noticed this for others here as well. How do those of you with photos get them to show up? Off the top of my head, I think of Jonah and Ainsleigh (the babies). Thanks!

suzska
08-20-2002, 01:17 PM
Joanne,

Thanks for asking the question! I've been meaning to do the same, as one of those people who has the "x." I thought I had gotten it to work at one point, but realized I was pointing to a URL that only I had access to, so the rest of you couldn't see what I was seeing! Hope someone can give us an answer. :-)

egoldber
08-20-2002, 02:51 PM
Just testing my own image :)

egoldber
08-20-2002, 02:56 PM
OK, hopefully that worked! What I did was go to a website with a picture of Sarah. I clicked on her picture, so that the only image on the screen in that web browser window was her picture. I then cut and pasted the URL from that browser window into the spot that asked for the URL. Someone let me know if the picture isn't showing up!!

Make sure it is a public website that you are pointing to. If you are using a site like Ofoto or Shutterfly, that may not work, since you need to log in to those sites before being able to use them.

HTH,

jojo2324
08-20-2002, 04:24 PM
Okay, I am using Yahoo Photo and it is still not working! I can't get it to just show him; it shows all of the banner ads and buttons and the like. I cut and paste the URL and it still shows a box with an X. Sarah is showing up (cutie!), so you did it right...AARRGH. I need to learn how to make a website. What am I doing wrong?

ps...just realized what Sue said, that it was a site that only she had access to, so maybe that is the problem, because with yahoo you need a password. So I guess I do need to create a website...Something I would like to learn how to do but I don't really have the time with a 7-week old, believe it or not! :)

Momof3Labs
08-20-2002, 04:51 PM
I'm not able to see any of the images right now.

mamahill
08-20-2002, 06:49 PM
I've got a web site and would be happy to upload a thumbnail for you (they are tiny files). If you want to email me a picture, I'll resize it for you and then send you the URL. I did this for a living (designed and created web sites) before Ainsleigh became my new job :) so it will take me a matter of seconds. Of course, by throwing this out there, I realize I could get a ton of responses, but hey, Ainsleigh slept from 10 last night to 8 this morning, so I'm feeling rather flush. Send whatever photo you want (I'll have to crop it square so it won't be distorted) to me.

Oh, upon rereading that, I thought I should insert that although I have a web site, I won't have your picture visible to people who check out our web site (it's my husband's actually - www.joelhillpictures.com). That way you won't have to worry about any crazies - it will just be a file on our account. Make sense? Probably not. If you have questions, you can email me off the boards. HTH - good luck with your 7 week old!

mamahill
08-20-2002, 06:53 PM
ha ha - guess I should actually include an email address. use [email protected], if you'd like me to help out. would love to see your little darlings!

jojo2324
08-20-2002, 07:38 PM
Thanks...I just sent you something, so don't get freaked out by some weird address showing up in your inbox. Thanks again!

egoldber
08-21-2002, 12:58 PM
There are many places that offer free websites, including Yahoo and iVillage. One of these may work for you. They also give pretty decent step by step instructions on how to load images.

HTH,

jojo2324
08-21-2002, 04:50 PM
just testing my image...

jojo2324
08-21-2002, 04:51 PM
yeah! there he is...thanks sarah!

egoldber
08-21-2002, 07:36 PM
Adorable!

suzska
08-22-2002, 06:16 PM
Okay, I don't know how I did it, but can you guys see my little cutey now, or not?!?

What I mean is, I was out on geocities playing around, and somehow I see Evan's photo here now--I never came back to BBB and edited my profile. Weird, huh? But of course I don't know if only I can see it or not.

Well, it's not the best photo of him (all squishy and stuff right now), but I can work on that later....

mamahill
08-22-2002, 07:02 PM
I don't know why the geocities site is so weird - if I click on the box where your picture should be, and click "open picture" or something like that, I can see your pic (he's squating down or something like that? what a handsome fella!), but once I go to another topic or page and come back, it's back to the missing file image. I don't know why it wouldn't work with geocities. If you want, I can load it onto my web site for now until you get a chance to fix whatever it is. If you send me a full size image, I can resize it square so he won't be squishy (we've got photoshop). Then everyone can see how cute he is! HTH

suzska
08-23-2002, 12:58 PM
Thanks, but I think I'll keep trying different things for now. I tried a different picture just now.

The whole thing is very frustrating, and I keep thinking I should be able to figure it out! We also just got EarthLink, so I'll have to see if DH has figured out the web storage stuff there yet.