PDA

View Full Version : the twins arrive! thanks everyone!!

spu
09-03-2002, 01:27 PM
Hi there,

I finally had my twins! I just want to thank you all for your great advice on these message boards. After 4.5 months of bedrest and umpteen hours on the computer and these boards, the babies arrived safe and sound at 38.5 weeks. Two girls - charlotte and else (like elsie).

(the funny thing is the week after I got home from the hospital, my computer fried, so not only do I have 2 new babies, but a new laptop as well!)

thanks for all your help, advice, support, suggestions, on everything. With all your advice, we decided on the Mountain Buggy urban double in red, Legacy furniture, Graco Snugride infant seats, no baby walkers, Bravado nursing bras, avent bottles, and a diaper genie which we don't use (at least not yet).

thanks again!
susan

twin girls 7.20.02
charlotte and else

ps: can't wait to see the toddler book!

egoldber
09-03-2002, 02:42 PM
Congratulations! Hope you're enjoying your girls!

Out of curiosity, is there any particular reason you're not using your Diaper Genie? I love mine!

jojo2324
09-03-2002, 04:27 PM
Congrats!! I was wondering when you were going to join us again!

It took us a while to use the genie as well...I didn't realize it was ready to use with no assembly (even though it was stated right on the box) and we were just fried putting baby stuff together. Also, after all the talk of how annoying the genie could be to operate, I think I was a little scared :)

I'm sure you're having a blast. Enjoy them while they're little because even though DS is only two months, it's just flown. I miss him being tiny! Get some sleep!

twins r fun
09-03-2002, 07:34 PM
Hi Susan,

Welcome back and congrats on Charlotte and Else! Glad everything went well!

Nicole

KathyO
09-03-2002, 07:37 PM
Delighted to hear the news! I'd been wondering how it all went. You must be so happy to see the end of bedrest! (Or maybe not, with all the night wakings and other fun stuff...) Best to you and the whole mob!

Cheers,

KathyO

P.S. - totally trivial question, but... the MB Urban Double - is it a scarlet red, or an orangey red? So hard to tell from the websites!

suzska
09-03-2002, 08:32 PM
Congrats!!!!!

P.S. I have the toddler book--it came on Friday and I've started reading it already, of course! Went out today and bought 7 more pairs of Old Navy socks because of it. LOL!!! My not quite 18 month old son has 2T feet, so he just wasn't fitting in his old socks anymore. He's still wearing his 18M clothes, though. He grew out of the toddler hats last winter (he's always had a big head), so I haven't even started looking for a winter hat for this year. He hates hats--unless he's trying to put them on YOUR head. LOL!

And, yes, enjoy them while they're little. :-) :-)

luvbeinmama
09-05-2002, 01:13 AM
Susan, Congratulations!!! So glad you are at the end of the bed rest. :7 :7

Sue B., I totally know what you mean about the socks and hats! My son has big feet & head, too. For Halloween try getting him a costume with an attached hood and try it on a couple times before going out with him. Make a game of putting the hood up and letting him take it down. I did this with DS 2 yrs ago, and he got used to putting the hood up, then he wore his Old Navy winter (2-4T) hat all winter with no complaints at all! (Although I did eventually have to replace the velcro on the chin strap with snaps, so he'd stop undoing it and taking it off!) This last winter, he had a really nice denim/leather sleeve jacket with a polar fleece hood, and he always insisted on using the hood (BONUS!!). Of course, then Daddy had to put his hood up, too! LOL!! Good Luck with those hats!!

spu
09-05-2002, 07:30 PM
Hi KathyO

The MB Urban double is a true red-red. It's not orangy at all nor is it toward a brick color. It's a real read but not a bright red. In fact, it matches alot of our North Face gear pretty well. We're really happy with the color. It doesn't look silly at all. Alan from MB sent me fabric swatches of all the colors. The purple was pretty nice too. It's more like a deep eggplant color.

susan

spu
09-05-2002, 07:33 PM
ahh... halloween costumes. They're all so cute!!! I wish I had a sewing machine ! (or wish I could sew too!)

I made a simple website with pics of the twins if anyone is interested. Here's the link:

http://sunger10.tripod.com/babies.html

cheers!
susan

egoldber
09-05-2002, 07:58 PM
How adorable!!!!

spu
09-06-2002, 03:10 PM
He looks so cute! What great eyes!

susan

Melanie
09-06-2002, 06:51 PM
Congratulations! They are cuties, I love the little pucker.

Mommy to Jonah

suzska
09-07-2002, 09:43 PM
Thanks! You can't tell from the picture, but he's got "baby blues" just like his daddy. ;-) His hair's turned much lighter in a year. DH's is dark brown, almost black, and mine is dark brown. My hair was actually blond when I was Evan's age, so I guess I shouldn't be too surprised! And Evan's got a little bit of a tan from running around outside. Yes, I'm a bad mommy and don't put sunscreen on him--but he tans, he doesn't burn. And he's not out that long. And he refuses to wear a hat. So....

Did I mention he's a flirt?!? Whenever we go somewhere, Evan often plays peek-a-boo with women that he sees. They often don't realize that he's doing it, but it's so cute to watch him. I'm going to be chasing girls away in a few years, I'm sure! LOL!

suzska
08-25-2003, 11:16 PM
I bought the pattern/material a few months ago, but haven't gotten around to making Evan's costume yet. Last year I just bought him a pumpkin costume--ready-made from JoAnn's--because I didn't want to deal with it. This year I bought a pattern (well, two different ones, because I couldn't decide which one and they were on sale for $0.99) with about six different things you can make. One of them is a dog, so I decided to make it in red flannel--Clifford! Of course we don't seem to get up in time for Clifford anymore. LOL! The other pattern has a race car driver (since he's obsessed with cars). But I decided this was the last year I could put him in a "cute" costume, so Clifford it is! Guess I'd better get wotking on it! Maybe race car driver next year....DH just rolls his eyes at the whole idea of "cute." We won't be taking Evan out, but he can "help" hand out the treats. Last year, Jeff would hold him above me as I handed out the treats, and all the kids would comment on how cute he was. Even the boys! One girl wanted to trade her candy for Evan. No way!! (photos attached) ;-)

P.S. As you can see, the hat (0-9 month costume) barely fit on his 8 month head!