PDA

View Full Version : c-section books

malisa
09-12-2002, 04:43 PM
hi, i am new to these message boards and am expecting my first baby-a girl-in nov. due to health reasons i am having a scheduled c-section. i am wondering if any of you expert veteran moms have any books that you felt have been helpful in dealing with a c-section.

my doctor discourages me from reading too much--he doesn't want me to get paranoid. once again due to my health there are plenty of reasons to become paranoid. but, i do want to be informed.

thanks a bunch--i have really enjoyed these posts.
malisa

so far everything is going extremely well with my baby!

egoldber
09-12-2002, 07:49 PM
I don't have any C section books to recommend, but hope you get some ideas here. I had a C section (unexpected) and so will face the repeat C vs VBAC question for baby #2.

Here's a link to a thread here about C sections from a few months back. http://www.windsorpeak.com/dcforum/DCForumID30/97.html If you search on C section, you may find more info. There are a few of us here who had C sections. (FYI, I had a great experience with mine.)

Edited to add the following: FYI, if you are feeling apprehensive about the C, I would NOT recommend reading some of the books out there about VBAC and C sections. I agree with your doctor there. Most of the ones I have read, I have felt have been very slanted to vaginal births over C. They describe C sections (in my opinion) in an unnecessarily harsh light. If you need a C for medical reasons, these books really may only unnecessarily cause you to be apprehensive. I read these type books AFTER having a C, and the C section experience they describe in those books was NOTHING like what I experienced.

Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy!