PDA

View Full Version : looking for a doctor in western north carolina

mssplash
09-14-2002, 05:52 PM
Asheville and West.
Can anyone help?

I've enjoyed reading all the stories and advice, and now I'm ready to "go for it" myself (well, with my husband, of course). Can anyone recommend an ob/gyn in western north carolina? we just moved here and it's really difficult to know where to go for something this important.

thanks in advance for your help.

Momof3Labs
09-14-2002, 09:39 PM
If you don't get any specific recommendations here, and don't have anyone near you who you can ask, try to talk to a nurse in L&D at a local hospital. They tend to have strong opinions about OBs and pediatricians, too!

Another option is to pick a few out of your insurance plan and set up meetings/interviews with them before settling on one.

Good luck!

Lori

egoldber
09-14-2002, 10:37 PM
Do any of your neighbors have kids? I moved in the middle of my pregnancy to an area where we knew no one. Fortunately, we moved to a neighborhood with a lot of small kids. The moms on my block were only too happy to recommend (or not) their OB (and share labor horror stories). Believe me, most women are only too happy to find someone that actually WANTS to hear about their doctor, their birth and labor etc.!

They also gave me great advice about hospitals, pediatricians, baby stores, etc.

HTH,

mssplash
09-15-2002, 04:41 PM
thanks for the great advice. i'm going to have to pound the pavement a little and interview some doctors. hopefully I'll have need for the baby bargains book real soon!