PDA

View Full Version : When is too late to send announcements?

loewymartin
09-17-2002, 10:39 AM
I received handmade announcements from my aunt, and I'd like to send them out, but my daughter is already 4 months old. Is that too late to send announcements?

Thanks!

Michelle
Michelle - Alia's Mom

twins r fun
09-17-2002, 11:30 AM
If you want to send them, do it! I recently received an announcement for twins that are 5 months old. I didn't think it was too odd-just thought the parents were very busy! I don't know what your announcements are like, but it might be nice to add info on how/what your baby is doing now either on the announcement or on a seperate insert. Also throw in a picture. That would avoid people opening them and thinking "I already know all this (birth date, weight, etc.)"

Nicole

loewymartin
09-17-2002, 12:11 PM
Good idea on the info on what she's doing. I was going to add a picture, but sending a little blurb on what she's up to would be nice as well. Thanks! I felt funny sending them so late, but it's the first chance I've really had to think about it!

Michelle - Alia's Mom

egoldber
09-17-2002, 01:01 PM
I know someone who sent out a combination Christmas card/birth announcement when her baby was 4 months old. I would say to definitely send them if you want to.

HTH,