PDA

View Full Version : favorite baby lotion etc...

malisa
09-19-2002, 10:54 AM
Hi, I am wondering what everyones favorite baby skincare products are. I'm not too crazy about J&J or baby magic etc., but friends are asking and a shower is coming up so...

Thanks in advance
malisa
dh due 11-21-02

sntm
09-19-2002, 11:38 AM
There's a website that reviews cosmetics and has a whole section on baby products and which are safest, etc. I can't find the address anywhere right now, but if you do a search you may find it.
No baby for me yet but as for scent alone I love Burt's Bees.

shannon
not-even-pregnant-yet-overachiever
trying-to-conceive :)

Rachels
09-19-2002, 11:42 AM
I only use the Burt's Bees Baby Bee products. They smell amazing and are very gentle on my baby's skin. Another plus is that the shampoo comes in a bar, which is really helpful when you only have one hand free. I use the soap & shampoo, buttermilk lotion, buttermilk bath, apricoot oil, and skin cream. Worth every cent! You can find this stuff in many health-food stores and online at www.burtsbees.com. They have a trial kit which is a good way to sample everything, and it lasts a good while. HTH!
-Rachel

Shirale
09-19-2002, 12:43 PM
If you want a great unscented lotion that really works try Aveeno. wonderful for dry skin! Khiels also has a fantastic baby line, but it is more expensive. While I like burts bees for myself, i wasn't crazy about the smells for babies....

kathsmom
09-19-2002, 02:31 PM
Hi, Malisa!

The website that Shannon is referring to is www.cosmeticscop.com. The lady who runs the website is Paul Begoun and she writes the book "Don't Go to the Cosmetics Counter Without Me". I really love her work. She does have a section on baby care products. In her books, she does include a note that not everyone is sensitive or allergic to some of the ingredients that are known as sensitizers or allergens. She just wants everyone to be aware of what they are putting on theirs or their baby's skin.

I would check out the website and then make your decision based on what you feel is right for you and your baby.

HTH and good luck!
Toni - mom to Katherine (5/19/96) and Andrew (scheduled 9/23/02)

k2
09-19-2002, 03:21 PM
I haven't had my baby yet, but I love the mustella products, and many friends rave about their berrier cream and wipes!

Zansu
09-19-2002, 03:32 PM
Here's another site for cosmetics junkies that reviews some baby product lines.

http://www.cosmeticconnection.com/babycare.html

They also have a post on pregnancy skin care
http://www.cosmeticconnection.com/pgskincare.html

malisa
09-19-2002, 03:57 PM
Toni,
I love Paula Begoun's stuff--just placed an order last week. I haven't been through her book since I've been pregenant, and I completely forgot about the baby section. Thanks for the remminder!

Malisa

blnony
09-19-2002, 06:04 PM
I love Mustela products. I use the newborn shampoo, the 2 in 1 body wash and the HydraBebe Body and Face lotion. The smell is wonderful. Its not real perfumey smelling. The wipes are incredible. They are so soft but really strong. The pampers and huggies wipes don't even compare.
HTH,
Brianna

SAHM to Audrey Claire
8-19-02

egoldber
09-19-2002, 08:20 PM
I liked the J&J lotions, but not the baby lotions. They have one that is called for "Ultra Sensitive" skin and it is in a white bottle. I really like the way it feels. I think it absorbs great without a lot of "slimy" lotiony feel. (I have no idea how well it actually does for "sensitive" skin). Also, my baby is 13 months, and I am STILL on my FIRST bottle of J&J baby lotion and J&J baby shampoo. You don't need much!

FYI, Johnson&Johnson, in addition to the traditional J&J baby products, also owns the Aveeno, Clean&Clear and Neutrogena product lines.

HTH,