PDA

View Full Version : The Baby B. Book

starrynight
09-26-2002, 11:15 AM
I am wondering if there is much difference between the 97 edition and the new one. I don't need anymore gear and this is my last baby so I can't convince dh to buy it new for 15.00 but at a resale shop I saw the 97 edition in perfect condition for 3.00 and the new edition with writing and it was a mess for 7.oo. I'm leaning on getting the 97 editon one but I don't know. Does anyone have the old one is it still relevant info? thanks

Momof3Labs
09-26-2002, 11:53 AM
I'm a little confused - what do you plan to use it for? If you are using it for purchases, I'd definitely go with the updated version since companies and products have changed a lot in five years. Besides that, I'm sure that some things from the 1997 version are still relevant, like the layette recommendations and some of the safety information.

Have you tried your local library? Maybe you can look at a more updated version there and get the information that you need without having to spend any money. Another option is half.com or amazon.com - they both sell used books and may offer a better deal on the latest version in better shape than the one you saw.

Lori
due 10/12 w/ #1

starrynight
09-26-2002, 03:08 PM
Well I was thinking of buying it more for savings on clothes , diapers that kinda stuff. I have checked one of the libraries near me and they don't have it. I will have to try another one. Thanks

Momof3Labs
09-26-2002, 04:24 PM
I would think that a lot of the information on clothes and diapers is out of date in the 1997 book (heck, some of it is already out of date in the 2001 edition, things just change so quickly). Does your library offer inter-library loan? Ours does - they look up a book on the computer and order it from another library - doesn't cost us a dime.

Lori
due 10/12 w/ #1

mama2be
09-28-2002, 11:47 AM
I think I'd buy the new edition just becasue it covers topics from baby till 2...I could not have checked one out in the library because I write in mine...and refer to it often, it's not really a read it your done with it kinda book...it's more of a reference.

Just my opinion...I grab it a lot to read over stuff...

I love the book and would recommend it to everyone, but most admit that most of my decisions of purchases are coming from these boards, but glad I have the book!!!!