PDA

View Full Version : baby stores in downtown San Francisco?

sntm
10-01-2002, 09:16 AM
Will be in San Francisco Sat to Thurs and was wondering if anyone knows of any awesome baby stores to check out? Will be staying in hotel around Powell and Market and at conference at the Moscone center.

Was hoping to be PG by now (-), so will probably not buy anything but would love to window shop. Will post on stroller board also as hoping to try out some of the awesome strollers I only hear about.

shannon
not-even-pregnant-yet-overachiever
trying-to-conceive :)

mamahill
10-01-2002, 12:33 PM
Not exactly a baby store, but FAO Schwartz is always fun - could start planning your toys! I've heard great things about Mudpie Homeworks (1694 Union St - you'd have to take a cab). Also, if you've got extra time and can either take a taxi or rental car, head over to College Ave. in Berkeley - they have some GREAT boutiques and specialty stores on 4th street. Handmade clothes and vintage everything. It makes for a fun morning/afternoon, even if you aren't baby shopping! If you're interested, let me know - I can give you better directions. Welcome to the Bay Area - don't forget to bring a sweater (SF is pretty chilly).