PDA

View Full Version : I KNOW WHAT THE BABY IS!! IT'S A...

KimberleyDawn
10-04-2002, 09:09 AM
BOY:):)!!! We are so happy!!!!
I thought that I really wanted a girl and that I would be disappointed if it was another boy but that sooo wasn't the case:):):)I AM THRILLED:):):)!! Dh begged me to name the baby after his father, so the baby will be named William and he promised me that the baby will never be called Bill (don't like that name at all) but Will for short.
Other info about my u/s...
1) baby is 14oz already
2) hb is 159
3) 10 fingers, 10 toes and everything else where it should be!
4) baby will be athletic (took tech forever to get all measurements due to movement)
So now I can go full steam ahead and PURCHASE! PURCHASE! PURCHASE!!
Kim :)

twins r fun
10-04-2002, 09:49 AM
Congratulations Kim! I'm glad you guys are so excited! I don't know how people can actually wait until the birth to find out the gender-not me, I have no will power! I like Will as the nickname for William. Happy Shopping!

Nicole

mama2be
10-04-2002, 09:55 AM
Congrats Kimberly!!!! I'm having a boy too about a week after you...Tristan!!!! We were prepared for both and my room is a periwinkle color so it will last as a nursery until our family is done growing...

sntm
10-04-2002, 12:56 PM
Congratulations!!!! I remember talking to my friend, who is a cardiac surgeon, after his wife got her u/s and it showed she was having a girl. We asked he\im if he was excited, if he was wanting a boy or a girl, and he said, "spine on the inside, 4 chambers of the heart." What a relief to know all that!!

shannon
not-even-pregnant-yet-overachiever
trying-to-conceive :)

mama2be
10-04-2002, 06:48 PM
Isn't it the truth!!! You know 5 months into this I had my first "deformity" dream last night. The baby was born and wrapped in it's little blanket and the nurse handed it to me and I remember he was gorgeous. I said "His legs must be short" (because in my dream there was not much under his head) and she hesitatnly said he has no legs...)

It's weird I didn't panic or anything, I was so calm, suprised but calm. I awoke my hubby to tell him I was afraid that the baby didn't have legs becaseu of my dream...in his sleep he reminded me "Neve, we saw his legs on the ultasound"....

I suspect it won't be my first dream like that...

candybomiller
10-05-2002, 10:42 AM
Kim,
Congratulations to you! I thought that I wanted a girl too, and I was so happy that I found out the sex before my son was born. It took me a while to get used to the idea of a boy instead of a girl. Now that my son is here, I couldn't imagine anything else. He's absolutely perfect. I am soooo happy that I found out beforehand.

On another topic, even though I knew the sex of the baby, my husband didn't and let me tell you, it was the hardest thing in the whole world keeping that secret. I did it though!!! :)

Candy
-SAHM to Matthew Nicholas, born 5/22/02

natividad
10-08-2002, 12:01 PM
Congratulations Kim! I am due in March and will have my sonogram done next week. We are so very excited to finally have an opportunity to "see" our baby. My husband always wanted to find out the sex of the baby, but I always wanted to be surprised. I guess I am in the minority of women who don't want to know the gender and I am actually looking forward to the day when the doc announces what the baby is. My husband is now also excited about being surprised, so we have decided not to find out during the sonogram. I am wondering if our untrained eyes will be able to tell though :-o

Naty (March 03)

suzska
10-08-2002, 12:59 PM
I was always one of those people that didn't want to find out. Until the time for the u/s got closer! I was glad we found out. Everybody was thinking/hoping for a girl, so when the u/s tech said, "If I had to guess, I would say boy," (she didn't want to commit herself) it gave us (or more my mother) time to "adjust" to the idea. Although I think deep-down I knew all along Evan would be a boy. LOL! Of course since the u/s tech wouldn't give us a 100%, there was still that little moment of suspense in the delivery room. :-) Personally I think the moment of "discovery" can be just as exciting whether it's in the u/s room or the delivery room. Besides, I could spend my time focusing on "blue" clothes, and not always looking for "neutral" stuff, which you can never find on the clearance racks anyway. And I could stop agonizing over a middle name for a girl. ;-)

Oh, I should add, that I actually had 2 u/s's done. They couldn't get a good look at Evan's spine on the first one. He was also asleep and wasn't giving "anything" away, if you know what I mean. Since I have scoliosis, I convinced my doctor to okay another u/s 2 months later. That's when the second tech made her "guess"--Evan still wasn't very active, but everything else checked out okay. So even if you WANT to find out, baby may not cooperate.

mama2be
10-08-2002, 04:58 PM
Naty,

If it puts your mind at ease I doubt you'll beble to tell on your own, atleast at this stage. So if you don't want to know enjoy your ultrasound and don't feel like you can't focus in on it. I have yet to really "see" the scrotum or the penis that the doctor has seen for while. I saw the umbilical cord and thought that was the penis...

So don't worry...

I too looked at the suprise of finding out in the ultrasound room as the same excitement as finding out in the delivery room. But most of my friends over that past two years have decided not to find out and must admit it sure was fun guessing, practicing names, and getting that first phone call from the delivery room...

natividad
10-08-2002, 06:03 PM
Great! Thanks for the encouragement. I really am getting very excited about the sonogram and hearing that everything looks okay, hopefully. I am actually more excited for DH since he has not even had the chance to hear the baby's heartbeat. My doc's appts. and his 12 hour work days have not permit him to come to my appts., unfortunately. Anyway, to be honest, I just have never been that fascinated by the pink and blue thing, so I really don't mind the "neutrals" for the time being, lol. We also have already selected a girl and boy name, and either way the baby will have my last name as middle name. Again, thanks for the kind words. Oh, I am sure I will not be able to tell :-)

Naty (March 03)

KimberleyDawn
10-09-2002, 08:56 AM
Believe it or not I was able to see William's penis clear as day on the monitor(21wks)!! It was so clear that I told the tech what the sex was before she had a chance to tell me:). Just make sure the tech understands that you don't want to know and they will avoid any obvious scans in that area;).
Kim

jojo2324
10-09-2002, 09:54 AM
Honestly, I couldn't tell you what was going on during the ultrasounds. Seeing the different parts of the umbilical cord and whatever else, I was clueless, just kept nodding and saying uh-huh. I remember at one point DH said, "Look, there's his head!" The tech replied that it wasn't his head, it was actually his butt. Maybe it's a sign :) Even when I was 33 weeks I couldn't tell what was going on. Congrats on your little blue bundle to be!

kathsmom
10-10-2002, 11:43 PM
Kim,

Congratulations!! I just had a baby boy and couldn't be happier. We have a 6 year old daughter, and even though I REALLY wanted her to have a sister (mainly, because I always wanted one!), she is still thrilled to have her baby brother. She thinks it is so neat that I have a little brother, and now she does too.

I had the ultrasound at 20 weeks, which is when they told us it was a boy. They did 2 more ultrasounds toward the end of my pregnancy, and I made them check each time to make sure before DH painted the room blue! On the last ultrasound is when I actually saw the boy parts - before that I told the tech that I would just have to trust her, because I couldn't make out anything!!

Good luck!

Toni -mom to Katherine (5/19/96) and Andrew (9/23/02)