PDA

View Full Version : Baby Faire?

Caroline99
10-13-2002, 08:58 PM
Every time I drive home from my mother-in-law's house, I see a billboard advertising American Baby's Baby Faire. The show seems to be run by American Baby and BRU. Admission is $8. My husband and I are considering going.

Has anyone been to one? Is it anything like a bridal fair? Better? Worse? Waste of money? Or is it more like a trade show? Will they have all the manufacturers' products there for comparison? Does anyone have any experience with one of these things?

TIA.

JMarie
10-13-2002, 09:13 PM
I went to the one in Chicago last year for my sister and it really isn't much like a bridal fair. Other than BRU, there really weren't any local vendors. However, there were TONS of manufacturers booths - Peg Perego, Chicco, Combi, Avent, Pampers, and on and on! - and lots of product demonstrations. They had baby races, nursing rooms, stuff for grandparents and dads - it was all very informative. As with a bridal fair I would suggest bringing bottled water (I think it was $3 a bottle!), an extra pair of hands, and an empty shopping bag or shoulder bag for all the brochures and pamphlets. I don't remember if there were any samples handed out or not, but it was a madhouse. Also, stop by your local BRU - the registry desk has coupons for $3 off admission, at least here in Chicago.

JMarie
EDD 2/23/03
Aidan Christopher

Caroline99
10-14-2002, 08:50 AM
Excellent -- thanks!

Rachels
10-14-2002, 09:42 AM
I went in Boston. It's noisy and a compete zoo, but it's a great place to see products and to get samples. We wound up with a huge bag of diapers, bottles, pacifiers, breastfeeding pamphlets, etc. I think it's worth the 8 bucks.

-Rachel
Mommy to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

all4sanity
10-15-2002, 06:29 PM
If you go to the americanbaby.com site and select baby faire, you can play a little video showing what the faire is like.