PDA

View Full Version : "The Happiest Baby on the Block"

daisymommy
10-24-2002, 10:06 PM
I want to marry Dr. Harvey Karp, who wrote "The Happiest Baby on the Block." His gentle loving methods in this book (I bought the video too, which is great) has helped in reducing Josh's nightime colicky crying down from 6 hrs. to one! Also, Josh used to sleep 3 hrs. at a time, and Tuesday night he slept for 7 1/2 hrs and Wed. (last night) slept for 6 1/2 hrs! HOORAAYY!! This is by no means a cry-it-ou books, or sleep training book. It just teaches you how to soothe and comfort your 0-3 month old (but says it can work for older babies as well), by pretending this is their missing 4th trimester and recreating the womb for them until they adapt to this world and their surroundings. I have personally found the results to be amazing! I am a much happier mama becasue of it (and when mama's happy, everybody's happy!).
P.S. I bought the book and video on Amazon.com, but here's a link to the website:
http://www.thehappiestbaby.com/

mabuckles
10-28-2002, 03:47 PM
Glad to hear that this book is helping. It helped a lot with my daughter and that is why I recommended it. I have to say that I am still very glad to be past those first 3 months though. My daughter at 5.5 months is just a joy. You have a great deal of fun to look forward too.

caroliner
10-31-2002, 04:43 PM
We loved this book and it really helped us a lot at the beginning. All we had to do was swaddle up Caroline and get the hairdryer going (for white noise) and she would instantly stop screaming. His techniques are like magic! I must say, I too am so happy to be past the first 3 months!