PDA

View Full Version : Pregnant at Halloween?

kfcboston
10-25-2002, 08:31 AM
Hello out there! I will be 22 weeks along with my first on Halloween, and I'll be attending a bachelorette party and will need a costume!! Eeek. I'm thinking something human, and a costume in a which a can look nice for going out. Maybe a variation of Santa?? Any thoughts anyone, on costumes and where to look/purchase?? Thanks!!!

Katie

alandenisefields
10-25-2002, 10:56 AM
Hi!

Thanks for using our message boards!

Just thought we'd offer a suggestion. We know you said you wanted to go as something human and Santa would work. You can usually rent a Santa suit from a local costume shop.

But what about a spider? You can stuffy the legs of some black tights and attach them to a black sweatsuit or bodysuit. Just a black, lighweight baclava over your head and a red hourglass shape on your chest and voila!

Of course, feel free to disregard the suggestion. I personally hated being told I looked like a spider when I was pregnant, so hope we didn't offend!

best wishes,

denise fields, author

BABY BARGAINS

kfcboston
10-25-2002, 11:03 AM
Denise -- Thanks for the suggestion, and of course I'm not offended! I hadn't heard that one yet, actually. :-) I'm thinking of swinging by my local iParty this evening for ideas, too, although I worried about the fit of an actual costume from a costume place. I forgot to mention the costume has to travel well, too -- cross-country!!

22tango
10-25-2002, 03:19 PM
An interesting idea might be to paint your tummy! You could wear a jog bra type top and paint a big pumpkin face on your belly! (I got this idea from one of the ladies on my pregnancy bboard...there's a picture of her, but I won't post it without her permission.)

By painting, I mean with hallowing face paints!

brubeck
10-25-2002, 05:48 PM
I'm 32 weeks along myself and I was trying to come up with a costume too. I saw the belly painting idea in a magazine (Parents or Babytalk I think) and they had examples of women who had tummies painted as pumpkins and basketballs (the basketball woman had a net tucked into the top of her underbelly-pants).

I came up with 2 ideas myself: Mother Nature (wear some voluminous white or green dress with fake flowers/leaves/vines around your body) and 'shotgun wedding': again a white dress with hubby in overalls (no shirt), bare feet and a big gun. :-)

Rachels
10-27-2002, 11:37 AM
One of my pregnant friends is dressing up as a nun... :)

-Rachel
Mommy to Abigail Rose
5/18/02