PDA

View Full Version : Thought I'd Share a Gift Idea for Grandparents!

twins r fun
10-28-2002, 12:54 PM
I had a wave of Christmas gift inspiration while at the mall yesterday. This may work for you if you've got a Build-a-Bear workshop near you and a sentimental grandparent, expecially one who lives far away.

My MIL and her DH live in Ohio and only see our twins twice a year, so here's what we're going to do for them. We bought the recordable sound inserts that Build a Bear sells ($8 each) and we are working on getting a good recording or each baby babbling. These can be inserted into the paw of a bear. Then we're going to take these and the boys to Build a Bear and we're going to make 2 bears. We're going to get my dad to video tape the whole thing. At Build a Bear they have stuffing in bins labeled with things like love, hugs, friendship, etc. and we'll make a big deal about what we're stuffing the bear with. At the end you make a birth certificate and we'll name the bears after our boys (either their real name or one of their many pet names). You can also put weight, length, etc. so we'll probably put in their birth information. You can buy clothes for the bears, but if it will fit I'm going to dress the bears in two of the 0-3 month outfits that my MIL gave the boys when they were born. Then we'll send off these bears with the recordings of our babbling boys in the paws along with the video tape we made. I know my MIL will LOVE it!

Nicole

egoldber
10-28-2002, 04:33 PM
My DH and I LOVE BuildaBear! We have been waiting anxiously for Sarah to be of an age to appreciate it! What a lovely gift idea.