PDA

View Full Version : I just got a check for $638 from missingmoney.com

mama2be
10-31-2002, 05:42 PM
:):):)

I just had to share this with folks. My brother had told me my name was on www.missingmoney.com for money I was owed from a source that was "unclaimed". It ended up it said that it was "payroll" from Virginia. when I called Virginia they did not give me details they said that it was a reimbursement from BC&BS and that they could not release the amount but I easily filed for it and proved my ID. WELL I figured it would be $13 or soemthing like that and can't beleive that I opened it and it is over $600...had to share that incase others have mula out there they don't know about:):):)

YIPPIE!!! Need it for the baby!!! :)

Rachels
11-01-2002, 06:57 PM
WOW! Sadly, nobody here appears to be missing any money. Isn't it crazy how much babies cost? My husband does a lot of staggering around and gasping these days.

Neve-- did you decide on a birth center birth?

-Rachel
Mommy to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

mama2be
11-04-2002, 12:51 PM
Rachel,

Sorry I am just now getting back to you...we headed for DC for the week-end for an annual halloween party. when we attended two years ago the word baby was not uttered once the whole evening...we all had such other things going on in our lives, mostly single or just getting married. Well Saturday had 4 babies, 3 pregger gals, one newly adopted little girl...Oh it was a hoot all we talked about was babies!!!!!

I have decided on the a birthing center. And will be going to Piedmont Women's birthing center here in Chapel Hill. Near enough to both Duke and UNC if a problem comes up. I hope to do a water birth but I have beenw arned don't plan to much becaseu you change your mind at times while there.

I am real excited about it though, I get warm fuzzy feelings when I think of the birth center experience so I think I am doing the right thing for me...of course scared to death too:):):)

I will start my care with them these next coupld of weeks, becaseu I have been totally cleared by my OB...yippie!!!!

Here's my email if you ever want to chat off line [email protected] :)

Rachels
11-04-2002, 02:45 PM
I'll e-mail you once I'm back in Boston next week. In the meantime, don't let anybody scare you!!! The birth center experience is wonderful. I had a VERY tough labor, and I still thought it was wonderful. Labor is hard work, but you can absolutely do it, and the midwives will help you have a safe, calm experience. I think it would be MUCH harder to labor in a hospital with strangers coming in and out, machines hooked up, relatively little control over what you do for comfort. I labored in water quite a lot, and it was fabulous. So helpful. And the birth center environment was great. At one point while I was in the tub and being supported by my doula and my mom, the midwives and my husband cooked breakfast together! It's a wonderful way to start a family. If you have any questions, let me know!

-Rachel
Mommy to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

mama2be
11-04-2002, 02:52 PM
Oh please email me :)

I can't wait to hear more about your experience...By the way I love the name Abigail...so femme and pretty!!!!

Look forward to chatting with you!!!!