PDA

View Full Version : We've had a breakthrough here!!!

Rachels
11-02-2002, 05:43 PM
Unbelievable! For everybody who promised that the rough stage of being unable to put the baby down without her waking up immediately would end...it has! All of a sudden, when Abigail falls asleep, I am able to lie her down. She rolls onto her side, arches her head back, and -- here is the really exciting part -- stays asleep! Not indefinitely, and not for as long as I'd like, but this is a huge step in the right direction. I thought I was eternally consigned to holding her for every nap and most of the night. I know a lot of you were in the same boat, so if you're still there, I just wanted to offer that the impossible has happened here, and will likely happen for you eventually as well. :)

-Rachel
Mommy to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

nigele
11-02-2002, 08:50 PM
Congratulations and thanks for letting me know there is hope for me!!

Lisa
Mommy to Thomas
7/2/02

egoldber
11-02-2002, 10:29 PM
Congrats! I really think there is something developmental that happens between 5 and 6 months for a lot of babies in the sleep department. And it's amazing what a difference it makes for mommy too. :)

Enjoy!

Rachels
11-02-2002, 10:58 PM
Yep. For two months, I've been hanging onto the fact that you said Sarah started to sleep better at five and a half months. Any port in a storm! I'm so glad to see some improvement. It gives me hope that someday I might feel rested again.

-Rachel
Mommy to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

nigele
11-03-2002, 05:28 PM
Speaking of feeling rested, I gave a baby shower for a friend today at her house. Well into the party, I was telling her how tired I was getting up several times a night with DS. While we were chatting, she looked at me with a strange expression and burst into laughter - I was wearing two completely different earrings. Oops! Now that I'm home, I should probably take a nap...

Lisa
Tommy's Mommy
7/2/02

daisymommy
11-04-2002, 01:24 PM
HOOOORRRAAAYYY! I know how wonderful this feels. Joshua just started within the past few weeks to allow me to lay him down for naps and sleeping at night as well. It's so liberating! At the same time sometimes you look at them sleeping so peacefully in their crib/bassinet without you, and you almost want to scoop them up and hold them. One thing you may want to try as an added help, that Joshua likes is this: Lay a recieving blanket down on your chest between you and her when you hold her. Then when you put her down in her crib (or wherever), lay her down on the receiving blanket that is now all nice and toasty warm, and smells like you!