PDA

View Full Version : Magazine recommendations?

etwahl
11-02-2002, 10:04 PM
I've started getting a few trial magazines in the mail, asking for me to subscribe (of course). I just received one today, American Baby, which looks pretty good.

I'm wondering if anyone has recommendations as to the best magazines to subscribe to? Thanks for the ideas.

Tammy,
Mom-to-be Mar 8, 2003!

mommychic
11-02-2002, 10:20 PM
American Baby and Baby Talk are free. I pick each one up monthly at Babies R Us. I also like Fit Pregnancy and EPregnancy.

Parents and Child I think are great for when you have toddlers. There isn't all that much in them on babies. The new Parent's Baby magazine has just launched and the first copy I though was rather flimsy.

Lisa

egoldber
11-02-2002, 10:48 PM
There was a thread on this several months ago:
http://www.windsorpeak.com/dcforum/DCForumID30/33.html

I think all the main magazines are mostly just OK. To me, they all seem alike and have the same basic info over and over again. I don't remember seeing anything in these magazines that you wouldn't get from a basic baby care book. American Baby (the free one) is as good as any of the others and is probably geared more toward infants (and has coupons for BRU). They do occasionally have new info that comes out which isn't in the books (like the recent study that says that infants exposed to pets early in life are less likely to develop allergies), but usually by the time it's published in the magazines the "news" has been out for months. I guess I just haven't found one that's worth my subscription money (and I am something of a magazine junkie and I don't say that lightly, lol :) ).

Shirale
11-03-2002, 09:20 PM
I, too am a Magazine "junkie" there's just something about it...anyhow as a first time mommy I went kind of nuts and get a bunch, out of all of them I like Parents, American Baby & Baby Talk are fine, and free (quick reads) Parenting and Child are alright, Child I am not so crazy about.