PDA

View Full Version : Christmas gift ideas for Daddies

nigele
11-05-2002, 02:36 PM
This probably isn't an original idea, but I decided to have a portrait taken of me and my four month old DS as a Christmas gift for my DH. I will also have it framed. I thought this would be a very personal gift and know he will just love it.

Men can be so hard to buy gifts for - does anybody have other ideas for daddies, grandfathers and uncles?

Thanks!

Lisa
Mommy to Tommy
7/2/02

Rachels
11-05-2002, 03:20 PM
I am struggling with Daddy gifts, too, but for MY father, I'm going to make an Abigail photo album as at least part of his gift. I also thought about putting together a short video. My parents live out of state from us, so ways to get a look at her will probably go a long way. FWIW, my baby was born three weeks before our wedding anniversary, so for our anniversary, I gave DH a framed photo of Abby to keep on his desk at work. It was a silver frame, and I had it engraved with her name and birthdate.

-Rachel
Mommy to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

nohomama
11-05-2002, 03:48 PM
In the whole picture as gift vein, last year at the holidays we gave all the grandparents "Babyprints" (http://www.pearhead.com/babyhome.html). They're a kit that includes a shadow box frame, a photo mat, and what the company calls "an impression material" that you use to make a hand or foot print. We included multiple pictures with each frame so that each grandparent could pick their favorite or rotate them if they wanted. They we're really good looking and went over really well.

cara1
11-07-2002, 02:50 PM
I bought DS and DH matching rugbies from Lands End (DS's is a rugby playsuit...I'm sure DH would want the playsuit for himself, too, but they don't come that big!).

nigele
11-07-2002, 08:34 PM
GREAT idea - thanks! Which color playsuit and rugby did you order? I have looked at their catalog and the colors in boys are different than the colors in the mens.

BTW, another idea I had is to give DH one of the Pottery Barn Kids picture-frame ornaments - the one that reads "Daddy & Me."