PDA

View Full Version : Can't stop coughing and totally miserable!!!

Rachels
11-16-2002, 06:21 PM
I have a hideous cold / sinus infection and can't stop coughing, and I keep waking Abigail up. I can't sleep, either. I'm terrified she'll get it and also am just so depleted. How in the world do you manage a cold with a baby? I am on antibiotics now but don't know what to do for the cough. Robitussin makes me nauseous. Any other ideas?

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

KathyO
11-16-2002, 10:39 PM
I'm afraid I have nothing useful to say cough-wise... I'm just here to offer my heartfelt sympathy! We are just recovering from what is likely the same bug up here. I used to think that having a bad cold was rough. Then I had a bad cold and a sick baby and now I know better!

FWIW, my personal fave remedy is a Canadian concoction called Neo Citran - it comes as a lemon-flavoured powder you mix boiling water with. I know you can't get it in the States, because it's part of the Canuck Care Packages I send to my brother in San Fran. Does anyone else sell anything like this? If not, try the old boiling-water-with-lemon-juice-and-honey. Sticking my nose right down in the mug and inhaling the steam always makes my sinuses feel better, and drinking it soothed the throat.

Hope that helps! If I lived near you I'd come take la baby for a few hours - too bad I can't! Good luck!

KathyO

jojo2324
11-17-2002, 12:45 AM
Kinda sounds like TheraFlu. I know that there's another product out there called LemSip (I think it's Irish or English for some reason) and I have friends who swear by it. TheraFlu and LemSip both make me feel really gross! Sorry, just being honest :) Hope you feel better soon! Use the time to cuddle!

Rachels
11-18-2002, 10:13 AM
Thanks, Kathy, what a nice thing to say. I was feeling so awful. It was a boost that you WANTED to help. Eventually I wound up on antibiotics and with some codeine cough stuff. It made me sleepy, but then again, I slept. Bronchitis with a baby is about the least fun thing I could have done with my weekend!

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

KathyO
11-18-2002, 12:17 PM
Say it loud, and say it proud:

MOTHERHOOD IS NOT FOR WIMPS!!!

Glad to hear you're on the mend!