PDA

View Full Version : What babies are we expecting out there EDD & ADOPTIONS!!!!

mama2be
11-16-2002, 07:51 PM
I know we have alot of expert mommies out there giving us great advice from their experiences...I was curious who amoungst us is expecting...when...boy or girl and name if decided...1st baby, 2nd ,3rd etc...

I know JMarie and I are neck in neck with EDD...

I thought this a fun way to keep track...

mama2be
11-16-2002, 08:02 PM
He will be our first, we did loose one last October and found out I was pregnant the week I would have been due. Would love to have three. I got tons of support on these boards with his name after a friend said "it sounded like a girls name". I had to share this story regarding his name because of it. I really liked the name Trsitan but didn't really know where I got it from. In all honesty I think it was Brad Pitts character in Legends of the Fall but how do you tell DH that is why????? I mean I would kill him if he suggested naming a DS Charlize after Charlize Theron or Ashley after Ashley Judd...now if he appoached me with the names without mentioning the gorgeous gals he associated with then name I could have accepted it :):):)

Alittle history here so that I now am more than convinced Tristan is the right name for this little guy. My dads mother would be 112 if she were alive today, she lived with us her last year of life and died when I was about 11 years old. She LOVED a series of books about animals. It is what I honestly remember most about her...I have spent atleast 15 years tryign to find out what this series of books was, my parents can't beleive I recollect these books becasue they have no idea what I am talking about. Well several months ago I got something in the mail that allowed you to order tapes of masterpiece theater kind of items...one was "All Animals Great and Small"...it hit me like a ton of bricks that that was the series that my grandmother loved soooo much. Well this week I found out one of the characters (I think the main character) is named Tristan in this series, he is a vet...I could not be more thrilled with this info and it has left me not to second guess his name for a second.:):):)

Momof3Labs
11-16-2002, 10:05 PM
Yep, that's who I thought of right away when you said Tristan - the James Herriot books (All Creatures Great and Small, etc). Tristan was his brother, also a vet, I believe, but not quite as a hard a worker as James! I read those books soooo many times over as a child!

Lori
mommy to Colin Daniel 9/28/02

mama2be
11-16-2002, 10:16 PM
I have to get my hands on those books...thanks for giving me the authors name (and correct name of the series) I didn't even know that. I heard they take place in England. Someone said that they have been on public TV before. I wish my parents still had my grandmothers collection, but assume they do not because they had no idea what books they were.

By the way (Off Topic) how are the pups handling Colin (love that name too) :)

sntm
11-17-2002, 02:16 PM
My signature basically says it all :) but we are expecting our first in June, will find out when we can whether it is a boy or girl, name choices are being highly debated. Hope that will get easier once we can narrow down the gender.

shannon
not-even-pregnant-yet-overachiever
trying-to-conceive :)
PREGNANT! EDD 6/9/03

sntm
11-17-2002, 02:16 PM
My signature basically says it all :) but we are expecting our first in June, will find out when we can whether it is a boy or girl, name choices are being highly debated. Hope that will get easier once we can narrow down the gender.

shannon
PREGNANT! EDD 6/9/03

gour0
11-17-2002, 03:03 PM
I have to say that I'm addicted to these boards! I'm expeting my first and have gotten lots of great advice. I'm due March 14th and we're having a boy. I never pictured myself with a son, but am happy. We're naming him Benjamin. Jacob was my first choice until I found out it was the #1 most popular name for like the last three years in a row. I'm hoping it will lose momentum so I can use it later!

gour0
11-17-2002, 03:03 PM
I have to say that I'm addicted to these boards! I'm expeting my first and have gotten lots of great advice. I'm due March 14th and we're having a boy. I never pictured myself with a son, but am happy. We're naming him Benjamin. Jacob was my first choice until I found out it was the #1 most popular name for like the last three years in a row. I'm hoping it will lose momentum so I can use it later!

twins r fun
11-17-2002, 03:25 PM
Have a comment on the name Jacob! We were trying to find somewhat unusual names for our twins and went through lots- Lleyton, Carson, Calvin, Greyson, etc. but never loved any of them and were afraid they were too unusual. But I was NOT going to pick a common name (Michael, Matthew, Christopher, etc). We got one name we liked (Caleb) and were looking for something to compliment it. We discussed Jacob and although it was a little too common we liked it and it wasn't like it was a top 5 name, right? So we settle on our names and a few days later I look at the top name lists and like you said it's been the number one name for a few years. Here I was trying like crazy to avoid a common name and end of naming my baby the #1 name! Oh well, I still love the name and I actually don't run into Jacobs everywhere I go. There's a few, but it doesn't SEEM like the #1 name.

BTW, Benjamin in a great choice!

Nicole

twins r fun
11-17-2002, 03:25 PM
Have a comment on the name Jacob! We were trying to find somewhat unusual names for our twins and went through lots- Lleyton, Carson, Calvin, Greyson, etc. but never loved any of them and were afraid they were too unusual. But I was NOT going to pick a common name (Michael, Matthew, Christopher, etc). We got one name we liked (Caleb) and were looking for something to compliment it. We discussed Jacob and although it was a little too common we liked it and it wasn't like it was a top 5 name, right? So we settle on our names and a few days later I look at the top name lists and like you said it's been the number one name for a few years. Here I was trying like crazy to avoid a common name and end of naming my baby the #1 name! Oh well, I still love the name and I actually don't run into Jacobs everywhere I go. There's a few, but it doesn't SEEM like the #1 name.

BTW, Benjamin in a great choice!

Nicole

mama2be
11-17-2002, 05:22 PM
I meant to put this under "user name" gour0's response...sorry...

I loved Beatrix Potter, still do...but when I was little I would draw and draw her characters. Everyone loved Peter rabbit...but I loved his cousin(????) Benjamin Bunny. He was the rebel!!!! What a great name. If you don't have a Benjamin bunny figurine you might want to find one...he is adorable with his little beret hat. :)

mama2be
11-17-2002, 05:22 PM
I meant to put this under "user name" gour0's response...sorry...

I loved Beatrix Potter, still do...but when I was little I would draw and draw her characters. Everyone loved Peter rabbit...but I loved his cousin(????) Benjamin Bunny. He was the rebel!!!! What a great name. If you don't have a Benjamin bunny figurine you might want to find one...he is adorable with his little beret hat. :)

mama2be
11-17-2002, 05:25 PM
I have never ever heard this name with anyone I know personally...though I have heard that it is a popular name. I live in a neighborhood of about 550 homes and think every name that is out there is present amoungst the kids...even the most unusual and I still have yet to run into Jacob. I think it is the perfect name for matching Caleb.

I have also loved the name you mentioned Layton...it was on my radar...

mama2be
11-17-2002, 05:25 PM
I have never ever heard this name with anyone I know personally...though I have heard that it is a popular name. I live in a neighborhood of about 550 homes and think every name that is out there is present amoungst the kids...even the most unusual and I still have yet to run into Jacob. I think it is the perfect name for matching Caleb.

I have also loved the name you mentioned Layton...it was on my radar...

gour0
11-17-2002, 05:51 PM
I also love Caleb, but I have a nephew named Kalebb. He's a sweetie, but I wish he had a different name! On a side note, my friends say their two year old has three Jacobs in his preschool class. Oh well!

gour0
11-17-2002, 05:51 PM
I also love Caleb, but I have a nephew named Kalebb. He's a sweetie, but I wish he had a different name! On a side note, my friends say their two year old has three Jacobs in his preschool class. Oh well!

twins r fun
11-17-2002, 06:01 PM
Hey, thanks for your comments on my names! we love them, though it is a little discouraging to hear about the 3 Jacobs in the preschool class-I guess he'll be Jacob R.! Or maybe everyone else will go by Jake, which we aren't doing.

As for Lleyton, we pulled that from Lleyton Hewitt, the Australian tennis star. I watched a lot of Wimbleton in early pregnancy and then ALL of the US Open while on bedrest. My husband went to college on a tennis scholarship and I am Aussie by birth so it seemed like a good pick. It was in the running for awhile!

Nicole

twins r fun
11-17-2002, 06:01 PM
Hey, thanks for your comments on my names! we love them, though it is a little discouraging to hear about the 3 Jacobs in the preschool class-I guess he'll be Jacob R.! Or maybe everyone else will go by Jake, which we aren't doing.

As for Lleyton, we pulled that from Lleyton Hewitt, the Australian tennis star. I watched a lot of Wimbleton in early pregnancy and then ALL of the US Open while on bedrest. My husband went to college on a tennis scholarship and I am Aussie by birth so it seemed like a good pick. It was in the running for awhile!

Nicole

Caroline99
11-17-2002, 06:16 PM
I'm expecting my first on 02-28-2003. Sex unknown.

Caroline

Caroline99
11-17-2002, 06:16 PM
I'm expecting my first on 02-28-2003. Sex unknown.

Caroline

Caroline99
11-17-2002, 06:21 PM
I don't know anything about the origin of Tristan, although I have met at least 2 women in my age range (late 20s/early 30s) named Tristan. Just as an FYI. :)

Caroline99
11-17-2002, 06:21 PM
I don't know anything about the origin of Tristan, although I have met at least 2 women in my age range (late 20s/early 30s) named Tristan. Just as an FYI. :)

mama2be
11-17-2002, 07:39 PM
Is it unknown by choice or is he/she being modest?

mama2be
11-17-2002, 07:39 PM
Is it unknown by choice or is he/she being modest?

LD92599
11-17-2002, 08:25 PM
Due Feb 26th 2003 with first...we know the sex but we're keeping it to ourselves (compromise when one wants to know and the other doesn't!). Names in the running...Emily Grace (no special reason...have always loved the combination) or William Daniel (Grandfather, Father)....

Laura

LD92599
11-17-2002, 08:25 PM
Due Feb 26th 2003 with first...we know the sex but we're keeping it to ourselves (compromise when one wants to know and the other doesn't!). Names in the running...Emily Grace (no special reason...have always loved the combination) or William Daniel (Grandfather, Father)....

Laura

KimberleyDawn
11-17-2002, 09:08 PM
Hi Ladies!!!
Name: Kim-29
DH: Jeff-31
DS: Chris-10
EDD: Feb.16/ 03 and then we meet William Marc!
I can't believe that I'm already starting my 3rd trimester!!! The info I've been getting here is so great and I can't wait to post questions when the baby is born.
Kim

KimberleyDawn
11-17-2002, 09:08 PM
Hi Ladies!!!
Name: Kim-29
DH: Jeff-31
DS: Chris-10
EDD: Feb.16/ 03 and then we meet William Marc!
I can't believe that I'm already starting my 3rd trimester!!! The info I've been getting here is so great and I can't wait to post questions when the baby is born.
Kim

Momof3Labs
11-17-2002, 11:08 PM
Yes, there was also a TV series. You shouldn't have a problem getting your hands on the books - there are four main ones in the series, then others that were added later on. And they did take place in England.

The dogs are doing well with Colin. Our Lab is a little skittish around him, but not too bad. Our Golden is great - when Colin cries, she brings squeaky toys over to him. We also have a cat - he's completely unphased by the baby! Of course, all of this will change once Colin is mobile and pulling their ears, chasing them, etc!

Lori
mommy to Colin Daniel 9/28/02

Caroline99
11-17-2002, 11:19 PM
Unknown because we asked the U/S tech not to do the between-the-legs shot and I didn't have an amnio. My husband wanted to find out the sex, but I didn't and it's not really something that you can compromise on. :)

Caroline99
11-17-2002, 11:19 PM
Unknown because we asked the U/S tech not to do the between-the-legs shot and I didn't have an amnio. My husband wanted to find out the sex, but I didn't and it's not really something that you can compromise on. :)

JMarie
11-18-2002, 12:16 AM
Why, yes, we are neck-in-neck - hopefully my OB's don't move it up again! DH and I just celebrated our first wedding anniversary last month and are eagerly awaiting the arrival of our first child, a son, in February. DH originally did not want to know the sex of our child, but as soon as the U/S tech started working and he saw the screen, he couldn't wait. That was perfectly fine with me. We had originally planned to wait a few years to have children, but decided to just go ahead and take the plunge. We found out on Father's Day that we were pregnant.

As far as the name, we wanted to select a name that was known, but not common. I just happen to love Celtic/Gaelic names - blame my Irish-Catholic upbringing. The middle name had to be a saint's name for the baptism. I've always loved the name Aidan, and DH just happened to like it too, and Christopher is from one of my uncles. We may add a 'second' middle name from DH's side, but honestly haven't found a name we like that goes with the other two. We're still working on that.

JMarie
EDD 2/23/03
Aidan Christopher

JMarie
11-18-2002, 12:16 AM
Why, yes, we are neck-in-neck - hopefully my OB's don't move it up again! DH and I just celebrated our first wedding anniversary last month and are eagerly awaiting the arrival of our first child, a son, in February. DH originally did not want to know the sex of our child, but as soon as the U/S tech started working and he saw the screen, he couldn't wait. That was perfectly fine with me. We had originally planned to wait a few years to have children, but decided to just go ahead and take the plunge. We found out on Father's Day that we were pregnant.

As far as the name, we wanted to select a name that was known, but not common. I just happen to love Celtic/Gaelic names - blame my Irish-Catholic upbringing. The middle name had to be a saint's name for the baptism. I've always loved the name Aidan, and DH just happened to like it too, and Christopher is from one of my uncles. We may add a 'second' middle name from DH's side, but honestly haven't found a name we like that goes with the other two. We're still working on that.

JMarie
EDD 2/23/03
Aidan Christopher

gour0
11-18-2002, 09:15 AM
Love Emily Grace! That was my number one pick for a girl at first, but I had the same problem I had with Jacob. According to social security it is the number one girls name for the last six years! My next in line was Abigail. Guess I'll be waiting for the next child. =)

gour0
11-18-2002, 09:15 AM
Love Emily Grace! That was my number one pick for a girl at first, but I had the same problem I had with Jacob. According to social security it is the number one girls name for the last six years! My next in line was Abigail. Guess I'll be waiting for the next child. =)

mama2be
11-18-2002, 10:13 AM
Glad to hear that!!! My dog (Sandy) that I got from the homeless man had 24 puppies in a brief time when living on the streets with him, yesterday we had a friend over with a new 6 month old (first time the dogs have been around a baby). I was certain she would act like a "nurse maid" with a baby, it was a hoot...Sandy left us with the baby and wanted to go outside. I think she was saying, "I've raised mine...you guys are on your own :)"...

I was thrilled with how all three acted though...

mama2be
11-18-2002, 10:13 AM
Glad to hear that!!! My dog (Sandy) that I got from the homeless man had 24 puppies in a brief time when living on the streets with him, yesterday we had a friend over with a new 6 month old (first time the dogs have been around a baby). I was certain she would act like a "nurse maid" with a baby, it was a hoot...Sandy left us with the baby and wanted to go outside. I think she was saying, "I've raised mine...you guys are on your own :)"...

I was thrilled with how all three acted though...

mama2be
11-18-2002, 10:15 AM
HMMMM...On one of the baby name boards a gal hit it right on the head, "a lot of people are taking great boy names and turning them into girl names where we can't use them" :):):)

Just joking, he is still going to be Tristan, but it is amazing how many names can be used both with girls and boys now.:)

mama2be
11-18-2002, 10:15 AM
HMMMM...On one of the baby name boards a gal hit it right on the head, "a lot of people are taking great boy names and turning them into girl names where we can't use them" :):):)

Just joking, he is still going to be Tristan, but it is amazing how many names can be used both with girls and boys now.:)

mama2be
11-18-2002, 10:18 AM
NO I agree you could not compromise on that...yet we had friends in town (seeing their 6 month old for the first time) over the week-end and she knew at about 18 weeks and he never knew. And they did live under the same roof...

I could not imagine...Well keep us posted once born :)

mama2be
11-18-2002, 10:18 AM
NO I agree you could not compromise on that...yet we had friends in town (seeing their 6 month old for the first time) over the week-end and she knew at about 18 weeks and he never knew. And they did live under the same roof...

I could not imagine...Well keep us posted once born :)

etwahl
11-18-2002, 09:03 PM
I just had to reply to this, because Tristan is the name we have picked out for a boy...and we also got it from Legends of the Fall. Actually, it was DH that insisted that be the name, he loves it. With that said, they told us they "think" it's a girl in the ultrasound, however, the doctor and friends have told me not to trust that 100%. I've heard of too many people (friends included) who have been told one thing only to have it be another, so we're cautious! Everything we're buying is unisex. Of course I really want it to be a girl now, but I'd be thrilled either way. As for our girl name, I'm keeping that a secret until the birth. We had picked out several names early on that got squashed by people who told us how awful it was, so DH and I made a pact not to tell anyone once we settled on something we loved. So why am I spilling the beans on the boy's name we have picked out, just in case that's what we have? Mostly because I think Tristan is such a cool name, and because I haven't heard many people use it, so I just thought I'd put my two cents in :)

Tammy,
Mom-to-be Mar 8, 2003!

etwahl
11-18-2002, 09:03 PM
I just had to reply to this, because Tristan is the name we have picked out for a boy...and we also got it from Legends of the Fall. Actually, it was DH that insisted that be the name, he loves it. With that said, they told us they "think" it's a girl in the ultrasound, however, the doctor and friends have told me not to trust that 100%. I've heard of too many people (friends included) who have been told one thing only to have it be another, so we're cautious! Everything we're buying is unisex. Of course I really want it to be a girl now, but I'd be thrilled either way. As for our girl name, I'm keeping that a secret until the birth. We had picked out several names early on that got squashed by people who told us how awful it was, so DH and I made a pact not to tell anyone once we settled on something we loved. So why am I spilling the beans on the boy's name we have picked out, just in case that's what we have? Mostly because I think Tristan is such a cool name, and because I haven't heard many people use it, so I just thought I'd put my two cents in :)

Tammy,
Mom-to-be Mar 8, 2003!

SASM
11-21-2002, 01:12 PM
Neve,

I am in the same boat as you. I had a miscarriage last October and found out that we were expecting this baby the week of the due date. The news really helped that week go by a lot smoother. :-) We are expecting a boy (well...I am expecting a boy, whereas my husband doesn't know what to expect) :-) on January 21st. First name: Ian Middle name: unknown (although I am thinking of either James or Padraic). Have fun and enjoy the last trimester!!

Sharyn

SASM
11-21-2002, 01:12 PM
Neve,

I am in the same boat as you. I had a miscarriage last October and found out that we were expecting this baby the week of the due date. The news really helped that week go by a lot smoother. :-) We are expecting a boy (well...I am expecting a boy, whereas my husband doesn't know what to expect) :-) on January 21st. First name: Ian Middle name: unknown (although I am thinking of either James or Padraic). Have fun and enjoy the last trimester!!

Sharyn

mama2be
11-21-2002, 04:15 PM
is that not amazing??? we are due on the same day, and had the same experience. Did you by chance find out you were pregnant this time around on father's day???

That's when I decided to pee on the stick, DH went out golfing and when he returned I was in the bathroom (hiding) frantically putting new bandanna's on the dogs. I had bought some pacifiers and attached them to the bandannas. I was certain he would notice. Well about 15 minutes went by the dogs were all full of themselves with their 'new look"...

It actually took a group of firneds who were golfing (we live on the course, cart path in our back yard)...to come by and as they were chatting one called one of the dogs over, he said "Oh look a pacifier on your dog...what's up???"...

Not really how I imagined it BUT...
Please Sharyn keep me posted on things, there are several of us due about about the same time, we should exchange emails and bounce things off of eachother like "kicking more" etc... TRistan is definitly kicking (turning) more this past week. I mean I get huge turn movements in therre.

ONe of my best friends son's is Ian...he is an angel...his younger brother is Blake. I love those two boys...it is a great name and I like both of your middle names with it...

mama2be
11-21-2002, 04:15 PM
is that not amazing??? we are due on the same day, and had the same experience. Did you by chance find out you were pregnant this time around on father's day???

That's when I decided to pee on the stick, DH went out golfing and when he returned I was in the bathroom (hiding) frantically putting new bandanna's on the dogs. I had bought some pacifiers and attached them to the bandannas. I was certain he would notice. Well about 15 minutes went by the dogs were all full of themselves with their 'new look"...

It actually took a group of firneds who were golfing (we live on the course, cart path in our back yard)...to come by and as they were chatting one called one of the dogs over, he said "Oh look a pacifier on your dog...what's up???"...

Not really how I imagined it BUT...
Please Sharyn keep me posted on things, there are several of us due about about the same time, we should exchange emails and bounce things off of eachother like "kicking more" etc... TRistan is definitly kicking (turning) more this past week. I mean I get huge turn movements in therre.

ONe of my best friends son's is Ian...he is an angel...his younger brother is Blake. I love those two boys...it is a great name and I like both of your middle names with it...

mama2be
12-26-2002, 12:50 PM
I've noticed some new mommies lately on our board (and new mommies to be) so was curious and wanted to bring this back up to the top!!!!

mama2be
12-26-2002, 12:50 PM
I've noticed some new mommies lately on our board (and new mommies to be) so was curious and wanted to bring this back up to the top!!!!

stillplayswithbarbies
12-26-2002, 04:08 PM
Hi,
I am fairly new here. A friend of mine who is adopting sent me the book, and of course the first place I came after reading it was here to the message boards.

I have an 11 year old son, Jacob (Jake) who will be 12 in February. I am due on March 21 and this baby will be named Logan whether it is a girl or a boy. (we are old fashioned about that and don't want to know. There are so few surprises in this world I want to keep this surprise).

I will be breast feeding, and using disposable diapers. I already have my crib (from JC Penney before I read the book), my stroller (a Bertini from eBay and was sorry to see they are hardly mentioned in the book), my carseat (a FP Stay In View bought on eBay after asking questions here) and a whole bunch of other stuff.

My first baby was 9 lb 8 oz at birth, and the doctor told me last week to expect another big one. I have an ultrasound next week to measure the baby again. So I don't think I will buy any more newborn or 3m sizes. My son was into 6m sizes almost from birth.

What else can I tell you about me? My husband, son and I live in Connecticut with two dogs and three cats and my Barbie collection. :)

...Karen
EDD March 21

stillplayswithbarbies
12-26-2002, 04:08 PM
Hi,
I am fairly new here. A friend of mine who is adopting sent me the book, and of course the first place I came after reading it was here to the message boards.

I have an 11 year old son, Jacob (Jake) who will be 12 in February. I am due on March 21 and this baby will be named Logan whether it is a girl or a boy. (we are old fashioned about that and don't want to know. There are so few surprises in this world I want to keep this surprise).

I will be breast feeding, and using disposable diapers. I already have my crib (from JC Penney before I read the book), my stroller (a Bertini from eBay and was sorry to see they are hardly mentioned in the book), my carseat (a FP Stay In View bought on eBay after asking questions here) and a whole bunch of other stuff.

My first baby was 9 lb 8 oz at birth, and the doctor told me last week to expect another big one. I have an ultrasound next week to measure the baby again. So I don't think I will buy any more newborn or 3m sizes. My son was into 6m sizes almost from birth.

What else can I tell you about me? My husband, son and I live in Connecticut with two dogs and three cats and my Barbie collection. :)

...Karen
EDD March 21

ddmarsh
12-26-2002, 11:09 PM
My name is Debbie and we're expecting #4 in 4.5 weeks :). I have labored with my previous children and ended up each time with a section and so this time am having a scheduled section on January 28th (which makes it nice for planning with my children!). We have 3 sons ages 4,8,10 and are having a girl, name yet to be determined as we keep going round and round about it. We tried for 2 years to get pregnant this time, never any previous fertility problems, but due to a serious disease my DH had it took quite some time. I am currently a non-practicing attorney who is staying at home trying to find the time to get ready for our newest addition :).

Debbie

ddmarsh
12-26-2002, 11:09 PM
My name is Debbie and we're expecting #4 in 4.5 weeks :). I have labored with my previous children and ended up each time with a section and so this time am having a scheduled section on January 28th (which makes it nice for planning with my children!). We have 3 sons ages 4,8,10 and are having a girl, name yet to be determined as we keep going round and round about it. We tried for 2 years to get pregnant this time, never any previous fertility problems, but due to a serious disease my DH had it took quite some time. I am currently a non-practicing attorney who is staying at home trying to find the time to get ready for our newest addition :).

Debbie

Rachels
12-27-2002, 11:19 AM
FOUR!!! My hat is off to you. I definitely want more children, but I can't figure out how it's done.

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

Rachels
12-27-2002, 11:19 AM
FOUR!!! My hat is off to you. I definitely want more children, but I can't figure out how it's done.

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

ddmarsh
12-27-2002, 04:46 PM
LOL! Actually, IMO the transition with a first baby is much more difficult than adding subsequent children. Once you've mastered adjusting to the whole world of babies/being a family the rest comes much more easily. The best part of adding more children is watching them have one another - it's truly amazing.

Debbie

ddmarsh
12-27-2002, 04:46 PM
LOL! Actually, IMO the transition with a first baby is much more difficult than adding subsequent children. Once you've mastered adjusting to the whole world of babies/being a family the rest comes much more easily. The best part of adding more children is watching them have one another - it's truly amazing.

Debbie

jubilee
12-27-2002, 10:15 PM
Well, this IS strange! My story is so, so similar to yours Karen. My first is 11 yrs old on Jan 3, and named Jacob. He was 9# 13oz at birth...vaginal, no pain meds (but not by my choice!) Now I am expecting another son, which we will name Logan and he is due April 20...however due to my first son's size the doc is going to induce probably in early April. We live happily ever after in Oregon!

Julie

jubilee
12-27-2002, 10:15 PM
Well, this IS strange! My story is so, so similar to yours Karen. My first is 11 yrs old on Jan 3, and named Jacob. He was 9# 13oz at birth...vaginal, no pain meds (but not by my choice!) Now I am expecting another son, which we will name Logan and he is due April 20...however due to my first son's size the doc is going to induce probably in early April. We live happily ever after in Oregon!

Julie

sntm
12-28-2002, 08:43 AM
New update: (probably) a boy! Had a gyn friend scan me last week when the ICU was dull and pretty darn sure we saw a penis! Surprised DH with the news on Christmas and he was so excited about having a son, he finally acquiesced on the name debate, so we are planning for little Jack (John Sebastian) in June.

And showing amazing ESP-type abilities, my mom (who wanted a girl) bought all yellow and blue baby presents. Jack got more gifts than I did.

shannon
PREGNANT! EDD 6/9/03

sntm
12-28-2002, 08:43 AM
New update: (probably) a boy! Had a gyn friend scan me last week when the ICU was dull and pretty darn sure we saw a penis! Surprised DH with the news on Christmas and he was so excited about having a son, he finally acquiesced on the name debate, so we are planning for little Jack (John Sebastian) in June.

And showing amazing ESP-type abilities, my mom (who wanted a girl) bought all yellow and blue baby presents. Jack got more gifts than I did.

shannon
PREGNANT! EDD 6/9/03

jojo2324
12-28-2002, 11:31 AM
That's so exciting! Congratulations! And I hear you on the xmas gifts front. Grampa competely spoiled Gannon (good thing we emptied out the trunk before we went over) and then said, "Wow guys, you haven't opened one thing yet." So we were handed two boxes, one with a baby's first christmas ornament and the other with a wooden carousel frame with his picture all over it. Don't get me wrong, they are absolutely adorable, but I was still thinking, "Wait a minute! Anything un-baby there?" Then they gave us a KitchenAid (the souped up one, with the meat grinder and pour shield). Yeah! Shawn thinks I am going to instantly transform into a gourmet chef and know what to do with it...HA!

jojo2324
12-28-2002, 11:31 AM
That's so exciting! Congratulations! And I hear you on the xmas gifts front. Grampa competely spoiled Gannon (good thing we emptied out the trunk before we went over) and then said, "Wow guys, you haven't opened one thing yet." So we were handed two boxes, one with a baby's first christmas ornament and the other with a wooden carousel frame with his picture all over it. Don't get me wrong, they are absolutely adorable, but I was still thinking, "Wait a minute! Anything un-baby there?" Then they gave us a KitchenAid (the souped up one, with the meat grinder and pour shield). Yeah! Shawn thinks I am going to instantly transform into a gourmet chef and know what to do with it...HA!

Rachels
12-28-2002, 12:51 PM
LOVE Jack!!! That was our boy's name. Congrats, Shannon!

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

Rachels
12-28-2002, 12:51 PM
LOVE Jack!!! That was our boy's name. Congrats, Shannon!

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

beckyr88
12-29-2002, 05:15 PM
I am one more expecting on February 23! What was going on in late May/ early June???? We are all but certain it's a girl, the first grandchild on my side, the 7th on my husband's side...can't believe that the due date is so close--time has flown by. We still haven't chosen a name, but have pretty good short list--it is just getting so exciting!! Although as I sit here at 3:00pm still in my pjs after a luxurious 12 hour sleep, I know that my life will never be the same again....

I just hope I continue to feel this good for the next two months--not to sound like a jerk, but I have been SUPER lucky with my pregnancy (my OB says it's because of my super long torso!!!! Not so good for fitting into one piece bathing suits, but great for childbearing!!!!).

Best of luck to all of you--love these boards!!

Becky
EDD #1 2-23-03

beckyr88
12-29-2002, 05:15 PM
I am one more expecting on February 23! What was going on in late May/ early June???? We are all but certain it's a girl, the first grandchild on my side, the 7th on my husband's side...can't believe that the due date is so close--time has flown by. We still haven't chosen a name, but have pretty good short list--it is just getting so exciting!! Although as I sit here at 3:00pm still in my pjs after a luxurious 12 hour sleep, I know that my life will never be the same again....

I just hope I continue to feel this good for the next two months--not to sound like a jerk, but I have been SUPER lucky with my pregnancy (my OB says it's because of my super long torso!!!! Not so good for fitting into one piece bathing suits, but great for childbearing!!!!).

Best of luck to all of you--love these boards!!

Becky
EDD #1 2-23-03

mama2be
12-29-2002, 09:30 PM
Shannon,

I just saw this!!! I am going thru and making a cheat sheet for us so we have alist...congrats!!!!!love the name!!!

mama2be
12-29-2002, 09:30 PM
Shannon,

I just saw this!!! I am going thru and making a cheat sheet for us so we have alist...congrats!!!!!love the name!!!

MartiesMom2B
12-30-2002, 06:19 PM
I guess I'm a Newbie. I love reading these boards. They help take some of the anxiety away of being a first time mom.

I'm expecting a little girl April 14. I'm really excited because I really wanted a girl, even though I didn't want to tell anyone that before we saw the sonogram. My DH said that he is destined to be surrounded by women his entire life (he has 2 older sisters) so wasn't suprised.

We are naming her Martie Lin. Martie after my FIL who passed away a week after our engagement and Lin after my Grandmother who passed away the same year. We're happy to give her a family name and I love seeing everyone's responses.

Sonia
EDD 4/14/03

MartiesMom2B
12-30-2002, 06:19 PM
I guess I'm a Newbie. I love reading these boards. They help take some of the anxiety away of being a first time mom.

I'm expecting a little girl April 14. I'm really excited because I really wanted a girl, even though I didn't want to tell anyone that before we saw the sonogram. My DH said that he is destined to be surrounded by women his entire life (he has 2 older sisters) so wasn't suprised.

We are naming her Martie Lin. Martie after my FIL who passed away a week after our engagement and Lin after my Grandmother who passed away the same year. We're happy to give her a family name and I love seeing everyone's responses.

Sonia
EDD 4/14/03

sweetbasil
01-06-2003, 08:36 PM
Hi~
I'm new here too....my name is Julie, my DH is Loren, our 2 year old DS is Kellen Loren, and I'm expecting #2 at the end of June. After 16 hrs. of labor, Kellen was a section (caught in the cord), so will hope to have VBAC on the next baby, but I'd prefer another section to going 2 weeks past due date this time!

We didn't find out Kellen's gender (though I had the feeling he'd be a boy), and initially thought we'd be surprised this time too, but Kellen's sure it's a girl and we decided it'd be better for him if we found out ahead of time to prepare him. We're about to enter the big-boy-bed and potty-training era, so an element of certainty might be good for all of us! :)

We're toying with names, but nothing too serious yet, as hubby's not too prone to commiting to these things early on. Having just entered the 2nd trimester, morning sickness is lessening, but still there.

I love seeing everyone's ideas- we might actually consider cloth diapering after that pre-Christmas thread. We'll see....

Happy New Year!

sweetbasil
01-06-2003, 08:36 PM
Hi~
I'm new here too....my name is Julie, my DH is Loren, our 2 year old DS is Kellen Loren, and I'm expecting #2 at the end of June. After 16 hrs. of labor, Kellen was a section (caught in the cord), so will hope to have VBAC on the next baby, but I'd prefer another section to going 2 weeks past due date this time!

We didn't find out Kellen's gender (though I had the feeling he'd be a boy), and initially thought we'd be surprised this time too, but Kellen's sure it's a girl and we decided it'd be better for him if we found out ahead of time to prepare him. We're about to enter the big-boy-bed and potty-training era, so an element of certainty might be good for all of us! :)

We're toying with names, but nothing too serious yet, as hubby's not too prone to commiting to these things early on. Having just entered the 2nd trimester, morning sickness is lessening, but still there.

I love seeing everyone's ideas- we might actually consider cloth diapering after that pre-Christmas thread. We'll see....

Happy New Year!

cvharris
01-24-2003, 12:42 AM
Hi,

I've been a serious lurker for a long time and now that I'm expecting I've asked some questions lately. I started working part time at the Right Start last summer and would come here to get some good feedback to pass along to customers. I'm still working there occasionally. (my store didn't close!)

We are expecting our first on June 16th. We'll be finding out the gender (hopefully) in four days!

I love the advice I am getting on these boards. Thanks for all the helpful feedback!

- Carolee

cvharris
01-24-2003, 12:42 AM
Hi,

I've been a serious lurker for a long time and now that I'm expecting I've asked some questions lately. I started working part time at the Right Start last summer and would come here to get some good feedback to pass along to customers. I'm still working there occasionally. (my store didn't close!)

We are expecting our first on June 16th. We'll be finding out the gender (hopefully) in four days!

I love the advice I am getting on these boards. Thanks for all the helpful feedback!

- Carolee

mcmorfit
01-24-2003, 10:38 AM
I'll throw my hat (or belly) into the late February arrivals. We are expecting on February 23, with our first.

We decided not to find out the gender and every week switch what we think the plumbing fixtures will be. As far as names for boys we like Henry, Caleb or Rowan and for a girl we pretty much have decided on either Lucy Mae or Martha Ann. But like life, I'm sure these will change. Needless to say we (especially DH) is very excited about the little arrival.

Thank you to everybody who has given input into the board, this has been an invaluable source of information.

Ellen

mcmorfit
01-24-2003, 10:38 AM
I'll throw my hat (or belly) into the late February arrivals. We are expecting on February 23, with our first.

We decided not to find out the gender and every week switch what we think the plumbing fixtures will be. As far as names for boys we like Henry, Caleb or Rowan and for a girl we pretty much have decided on either Lucy Mae or Martha Ann. But like life, I'm sure these will change. Needless to say we (especially DH) is very excited about the little arrival.

Thank you to everybody who has given input into the board, this has been an invaluable source of information.

Ellen

jaime_n_jay
01-24-2003, 01:09 PM
Hi all!

We are exepcting our first on March 19th...needless to say we are so happy and excited! (and maybe a little nervous....) ;)

We chose not to find out if the baby will be a boy or a girl, but we like the names Ethan Jay and Evelyn Paige. Jay is my DH's name and Evelyn is my grandmother's name.

Quick story about the baby's sex...I have been having 'boy' vibes all along and the other night I dreamt I was driving around real slow in a huge van that I couldn't steer very well and I kept hitting things and running over other cars (perhaps because I feel like a big, lumbering clumsy elephant during my waking hours....hehehe!). The color of the van? Baby Blue! HA! :D I guess we'll see!

Thanks to all you Mom's and Dad's out there who have been so helpful and open with your advice! You have certainly put me more at ease and that is not any easy thing to do with an over-anxious first timer!

Jaime

jaime_n_jay
01-24-2003, 01:09 PM
Hi all!

We are exepcting our first on March 19th...needless to say we are so happy and excited! (and maybe a little nervous....) ;)

We chose not to find out if the baby will be a boy or a girl, but we like the names Ethan Jay and Evelyn Paige. Jay is my DH's name and Evelyn is my grandmother's name.

Quick story about the baby's sex...I have been having 'boy' vibes all along and the other night I dreamt I was driving around real slow in a huge van that I couldn't steer very well and I kept hitting things and running over other cars (perhaps because I feel like a big, lumbering clumsy elephant during my waking hours....hehehe!). The color of the van? Baby Blue! HA! :D I guess we'll see!

Thanks to all you Mom's and Dad's out there who have been so helpful and open with your advice! You have certainly put me more at ease and that is not any easy thing to do with an over-anxious first timer!

Jaime

mamicka
04-03-2003, 06:27 PM
We're expecting our first 6/16/03 & did not find out during the U/S. I'm 90% sure its a boy though... just getting those boy vibes. Haven't decided yet on any names.

- Allison

mamicka
04-03-2003, 06:27 PM
We're expecting our first 6/16/03 & did not find out during the U/S. I'm 90% sure its a boy though... just getting those boy vibes. Haven't decided yet on any names.

- Allison