PDA

View Full Version : ? for Parents of same-sex siblings, fairly close together

Melanie
11-25-2002, 11:32 PM
What sort of things would you have been pleased to receive as a gift the second time around? I'm not talking big-ticket items here, but feel free to post in case others are interested.

I'm needing baby gift ideas...

Mommy to Jonah

mamahill
11-26-2002, 12:05 AM
I only have 1 baby, but a friend of mine is having her second son 14 months after the first (yowsahs!) and I was thinking of sending a Wiggles or Kidsongs video for the older baby and a bottle of massage oil and book on massage to the daddy. That way mom may benefit from having the older one distracted and some TLC from DH. This friend lives far away so I can't send her a lasagna and couple gladwares of soups like I can for friends closer by.

I have another friend who lives close and her boys will be almost 2 years apart. When I asked her what kinds of things she may need, she didn't really have any idea, but said that books are always good because they can be used for a long time, and for both boys.

Would love to hear what others have to say...

egoldber
11-26-2002, 12:17 AM
My mommy group just had a shower for the first mom in the group who is expecting her second (also only 14 months after the first). Several of us went together and got a Radio Flyer wagon. Not the small kind, but a large one, that is large enough to hold 2 children, and even a toddler, an infant carseat and a diaper bag. One of the moms in the group talked to her and she hinted that they had been looking at these wagons, so that is why we got it.

Also, her first baby was a boy and this second one will be a girl. So as an alternate shower gift, several folks also got little girl clothes.

Some other things that would be nice gifts for a second baby are:
gift certificates for BRU/TRU/Target,
gift certificates/coupons for take-out food,
gift certificates/coupons for a housecleaning service yard work service, etc. ,
If it's a really good friend, a "certificate" redeemable for X hours of babysitting by you for either child so that she could spend some extra quality time alone with each child.

HTH,

twins r fun
11-26-2002, 01:37 AM
I just got someone in this position one of those security blanket/stuffed animal things (something special for the new baby) and a jumbo pack of diapers (something that obviously wasn't handed down from the 1st baby!).

Nicole

jojo2324
11-26-2002, 09:49 AM
I know you said no big ticket items, but if there are ten friends, each could pitch in $30 towards a new crib, stroller, etc.