PDA

View Full Version : Sarah--help!--Avatar Image

newbelly2002
11-29-2002, 10:36 AM
Sarah,

I have a yahoo photos website and tried copying the link to then acess the picture. No luck whatsoever. Will it work with a Yahoo website (there are so many jumbling and question marks in the link, perhaps that's what is messing it up?)? Also, if I were to get it to work, how do you know what size to crop the photo?

If all else fails. . .You made the offer earlier to host an image. Would you willing again?

Thanks so much! I'd love to put my little guy up, but seem to be computerly-inept this week.

Paula

mamahill
11-29-2002, 04:49 PM
Of course I'll help! Unfortunately, pictures hosted at Yahoo don't transfer over, even if you have the URL (link). It's best to crop it square, that way their face isn't smooshed. The Avatar image specs are 48x48 pixels and the web displays everything at 72 dpi, but we've found that if you up it to 96 sometimes the pic is clearer. Anyway, if you'd like me to host the image, I'd be happy to. Send me the image as an attachment either cropped square how you'd like it or as a large image and I'll crop it (I usually try to get just the face since the area is so small as it is). After I fix it, I'll email you the link that you just copy and paste into the Avatar image field. My email is [email protected]. Glad to help!

mamahill
11-29-2002, 04:51 PM
That's weird -- after I posted that response, suddenly I can see your little guy. Cute! If you still need help, though, let me know!

newbelly2002
11-29-2002, 06:59 PM
Yeah--DH helped me out in a generous moment.

I think his face is a little squooshed but at least he's up and visible. Thanks for the help (and we had to use a differnt website because of the struggles with Yahoo)!

And yeah, we think he's pretty cute too.

Paula