PDA

View Full Version : baby shower time capsule

COElizabeth
12-02-2002, 11:39 PM
I have been invited to a baby shower, and guests have been asked to bring a "small token of memorabilia" for the year the baby girl is born. The items will be put in a time capsule to be opened on the baby's first birthday. This baby is due in January, so it will probably be born in 2003, so it's hard to think of any memorabilia for a year that hasn't started yet. And then there is always the chance the baby could be born this year, but I guess I can't worry about that. Any suggestions? The only thing I can think of so far is a little stuffed animal for whatever Chinese year it is (monkey, horse, etc.)!

Elizabeth
Mom to James
9-20-02

cara1
12-03-2002, 10:30 AM
I doubt the new parents will be hung up on the YEAR specifically, just the latest current events. Suggestions: TIME magazine cover (like the person of the year edition) or LIFE, PEOPLE magazine covers. Newspaper headlines, WTC commemorative objects, the latest toys or media stuff (e.g., Harry Potter stuff, Friends coffee mug). Just some thoughts... Good luck. (Weird idea for a shower though...)

Momof3Labs
12-03-2002, 10:45 AM
We gathered a set of 2002 coins for Colin - fun because of the state quarters! It may not be appreciated in one year, but would be fun 20 years down the road!

Lori
mommy to Colin Daniel 9/28/02

mama2be
12-03-2002, 09:03 PM
I would agree to think about "things that pertain to the time" vs 2003. If you concentrate on 2003 and the baby is born in Jan then the capsule won't be true to the year. I think anything from 2002 would be welcome.

AT the end of the year there is always a list of "whats in" and "whats out"...that would be cute...