PDA

View Full Version : December birthday party question

babe1201
12-05-2002, 01:17 PM
Hi all! I'm beginning to plan DS' first birthday party for the end of this month. Can't believe it's already here!!!!!!!! I want to keep it very distinct from Christmas, especially since we're of a non-Christian faith. However, DS was born just prior to a very unusual southeastern snowstorm, so I was thinking of a snowman or snowflake theme. I thought this would be cute AND enable me to take advantage of the holiday sales on party goods! What do other non-Christian parents out there think? Would snowmen be too Christmas-y? Please advise! Thanks!

mamahill
12-05-2002, 02:45 PM
I think that's a great idea. I would never have thought Snowmen are Christmas-y. I associate them with cold. And actually, if I had to pick a month, I think of January (but being from California, that is the month we would usually drive to the snow, so maybe that's why). I think someone mentioned it before that they asked people coming to their child's party to please use wrapping paper that wasn't Christmas paper. That's another way to make sure the two are not tied together. Good luck!

twins r fun
12-05-2002, 02:59 PM
I do not think snowmen are Christmas-y. When I taught kindergarten and tried to avoid making things Christmas oriented during December, I did LOTS of snowmen projects. To me snowmen are just wintery, which is perfect for a winter baby-like doing leaves and pumpkins at a fall birthday party or flowers and butterflies in the spring.

Nicole