PDA

View Full Version : First Birthday Ideas?

Shirale
12-05-2002, 01:20 PM
I would like to make Amira a party for her first b-day, and I am looking for ideas for a small, not too overwhelming but cute for pictures and for adults type of thing...I have a lot of friends with babies her age as well as single friends and family...any suggestions?

mamahill
12-05-2002, 02:41 PM
When I turned 1, my mom had all of her friends and their babies come over and set up highchairs or bouncy seats or whatever in their carport and served came and ice cream. I think she did it outside because 1) my birthday is in May and it was nice weather, and 2) they could hose out the carport and not worry about a mess. Anyway, to this day it is one of my favorite pictures with 7 highchairs and 5 walkers in front, all of us with cake smeared over our faces. I think we had party hats on, too (or maybe it was just me). Anyway, the adults stood in back of the highchairs for the pictures. I don't think the party lasted that long, and I don't think they had anyone bring presents. But then, they were poor college students, as were a lot of their friends. I'm thinking of doing something similar for Ainsleigh's first birthday. Just a fun get together and an excuse to let her smear food over her face! Good luck - let us know what you decide to go with, and how it turns out!

mama2be
12-05-2002, 06:24 PM
That's the first image I "saw" when I read the post...the smearing of food :)

I've seen several pics of babies infront of a little cake and they are allowed to just "go to it"...adorable pictures!!!!