PDA

View Full Version : He popped the question!

jojo2324
12-18-2002, 12:15 PM
We are betrothed! Oh, it was so sweet and such a surprise...

We had planned to go to NYC to see the windows and the Christmas tree in Rockefeller Center. The night before I didn't want to go because our washing machine is broken and we had about four clean pieces of clothing between the three of us. Also the transit strike was looming. Seeing as it was going to be the first time in with the baby it just seemed too daunting. But we went anyway.

So we were at the tree and snapping pictures and this man approached us and asked if we'd like one all together. He took one of the three of us and then Shawn said, "Why don't you stand Gannon up?" I of course said no, I don't want to do that. And Shawn sort of yelled at me and said, "Would you just do it, please?" So I did and while I was leaning down I saw this ring pop into my line of vision. I immediately burst into tears and Shawn was crying too. Meanwhile, Gannon was on the ground because I'd forgotten that he really can't stand on his own. :P We have a great picture of it, Shawn is holding Gannon, who is completely bent over backwards while we kiss.

It was perfect and quirky and I am all smiles these last couple of days...

mama2be
12-18-2002, 12:23 PM
JOanne,

What a grogeous story....CONGRATS!!!! and to have a picture of it!!!! :) I am certain that will have a special place in yor home.
Bridal Bargains the book was a godsend to us :)

blnony
12-18-2002, 12:43 PM
Congratulations! That is wonderful exciting news, esp. at Christmas. What a sweet way to propose. Have you thought about any dates for the big day?

Shirale
12-18-2002, 12:51 PM
WOW!!! What fantastic news!!!!!! I am so happy for you and I got chills reading your post- what a sweetie you soon to be DH must be!!!! Congratulations!! I wish you all the happiness in the world!!!
So- when's the wedding??!

mommychic
12-18-2002, 12:53 PM
Congrats!!!! How exciting!!! I'm so happy for you!!!

What's the ring look like??? We want details! :)

Did you get your bundle me?

How was trekking in to the city for the first time with Gannon??

Lisa
(full of questions! :))

Melanie
12-18-2002, 01:52 PM
How wonderful that you have a photo of it!

Mommy to Jonah

egoldber
12-18-2002, 02:11 PM
Congratulations!!!!

sntm
12-18-2002, 02:58 PM
How fabulous!!! Congratulations!! You will have to post the picture when you get a chance. I am so happy for you. And you will have the cutest little ring bearer!

p.s. mine was similar -- I was in a really crappy mood and was very irritated when chip kept telling me to close my eyes. he just plopped the bag on my stomach. he apparantly was planning some romantic brunch with a real proposal but said I looked like I "needed cheering up" and he thought that would do it. which it did, but it was so late at night there was no one to call and brag until the next morning!

shannon
not-even-pregnant-yet-overachiever
trying-to-conceive :)
PREGNANT! EDD 6/9/03

mamahill
12-18-2002, 04:52 PM
CONGRATULATIONS!! You MUST post the pic! I got all teary just reading it (but then by my posts in the Bitching Post, you would know that I've been a little excessively hormonal lately). Congratulations - and keep the details coming. I love weddings! Tell Shawn congratulations as well and that he couldn't have picked a better time or girl!

KathyO
12-18-2002, 05:35 PM
Woo hoo!! Congratulations!! Now you've got TWO guys to find tuxes for...!!! Do keep us posted on date and so on - we won't be there in person, but there's got to be some way to have a virtual hen party!!

Also looking forward to seeing "the pic"...

Very much Cheers,

KathyO

SASM
12-18-2002, 06:09 PM
Congratulations!!

What a beautiful story :-) And quite an amazing, almost magical place for the proposal... So dreamy... Enjoy the planning and the holidays with your new little man and new fiance :-)

Sharyn
EDD #1 01.21.03

LD92599
12-18-2002, 08:02 PM
Congrats! That's awesome news...So happy for you!

Laura
Due: Feb 26th, 2003

Rachels
12-18-2002, 10:24 PM
Joanne, that's wonderful!!! You'll have to keep us posted on all the details. I'm so happy for you!

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

twins r fun
12-18-2002, 11:23 PM
Yeah!!! Congratulations-you must be thrilled! Look forward to seeing the picture.

Nicole

KimberleyDawn
12-19-2002, 11:43 AM
Can't wait to see the picture!!! Congrats!!!! Any wedding details for us yet(Ya, I know it just happened but...)?
Kim

thorsmom
12-19-2002, 04:51 PM
Congratulations. That is so exciting. Please keep us posted.

newbelly2002
12-19-2002, 06:04 PM
Said before but. . .

Congratulations. What a perfect Christmas gift: the two men you love most in your life together with you. Sounds pretty dreamy to me.

Enjoy--there's a lot to celebrate this holiday season!

Paula

nohomama
12-19-2002, 10:12 PM
Congratulations! As everyone else has said, let us know when your family will be tying the knot.

Annette_C
12-19-2002, 11:29 PM
Congratulations, Joanne!!! Sorry my wishes are a day late but I haven't been on much lately.
I did want to tell you, though, that I'm sooooo happy for you! You're such a great girl, I'm not surprised that Shawn couldn't wait any longer to propose!:)
Keep us posted....

Annette :)
SAHM to Sabrina 6/24/02

megsmom
12-20-2002, 12:39 AM
Mucho congrats, Joanne! All the happiness in the world to all three of you. :) What a great story too!

Jen
mom to Meghan
7/13/01

daisymommy
12-28-2002, 06:50 PM
OH Joanne, I'm SO happy for you! (and sorry I haven't been online lately to get my congrats in sooner). Once again, when is the date? (I'm sure it may be too soon to know.) I'd love to have a "Virtual Briday Shower" for you:7

Magda
01-02-2003, 11:04 PM
Joanne,

Congrats. I'm very happy for you.

Elaine

TomsMom
01-03-2003, 09:11 AM
Joanne,

I was out of town when you posted this and since I returned have not been able to post. Anyway, CONGRATULATIONS!!!! You deserve every happiness in the world.

Keep us posted!

Lisa (a.k.a. Nigele)
Mommy to Tommy
7/2/02