PDA

View Full Version : positive story about car travel with a toddler

mary b
12-21-2002, 01:58 PM
Hi, I know there has been much discussion on this board about traveling with kids and I just had to share my positive story. I was very apprehensive about traveling either by plane or car with my 15 month old since she hates to sit for long periods of time. We haven't traveled with her for a long distance in quite some time. We debated about flying or driving from Cincinnati to Ocala, Florida to visit my parents for the holidays. After much debate between DH and I, driving won. We left at 4:00PM yesterday equipped with the kitchen sink and most importantly lots of Wiggles videos! My sister drove with us as well and we made it in 14 hours and Noelle slept at least 11 of those. Driving at nite wasn't optimum for the growups but traffic was light and having 3 drivers definitely helped. Noe probably cried a total of 20 minutes! (which for us is a record). "C'mon Dad, rewind that tape faster". Ha! We have all had naps now and are recovered!(it helped giving Noe to Grandma and Grandpa and we went back to bed).

Just wanted to report that car travel over the holidays can be done successfully and that if you are on the fence, nite traveling can pay off!
Happy Holidays everyone!
Mary