PDA

View Full Version : baby girl now a baby boy

maddeesmom
12-26-2002, 03:09 PM
Last Tuesday I found out that the baby I was carrying was no longer a girl but was now a boy. It's sort of funny because all along the doctor has said it was a girl. He was embarassed by the fact that he had made a mistake. Our doctor does the new 4d ultrasound at almost every visit. He was trying to get us a face picture but the baby had his hand up covering his face. The doctor tried to move the hand away and in the process found the boy parts.
I am still very happy that the baby is fine but what a surpise. Now I get to exchange the things I bought and start over again. This should make the last 7 weeks fly by. The best part is my dh and I get to fight again over a name. Right now it's looking like Nathan Daniel but things could change. I am just happy we found out now instead of in the delivery room.

mama2be
12-26-2002, 03:37 PM
Your signiture says Madalyne...was that her name or another girl that you have...didn't know if you had to change that too... (love both names by the way)...

Well congrats...you join the blue team, there are a few of us in Feb with boys it appears!!! that happened to my best friend she thought she was having a girl (it was her first child) and found out very late that it was a boy, she was thrilled that the baby was healthy but went thru a mourning of sorts feeling like she lost a girl in the process but reminded herself that she gained a boy. She now is a mother of two boys and is spoiled rotten by the love of the boys around her :)...

Congrats!!!

twins r fun
12-26-2002, 05:02 PM
Wow! What a surprise-I guess they do say not to trust the ultrasounds! Hopefully you hadn't painted your nursery pink or gone with a really girly theme! I'm not sure how I would handle a gender switch so late in my pregnancy-I don't like last minute changes in plans! I really think I would have had some trouble adjusting. Sounds like you're okay with things though!

Nicole

maddeesmom
12-26-2002, 06:10 PM
Thank goodness we have been lazy and hadn't started to do any decorating. For once it paid off. Yes I was really looking foward to a little girl and it took about a week to get over the shock. Once again I am very happy that the baby is healthy and everything is fine with him, it took 4 long years to get him here and I'm just happy that things are going great.
Yes this is my first child and Madelyn was the name we had chosen for a girl. We are now considering boy names but we are far apart on choices. It looks like Nathan Daniel is a front runner but any suggestions would be welcome. Thanks.

egoldber
12-29-2002, 09:15 PM
I guess you need to change your user name to nathansmom!!! ;)

I did once see an episode of BirthDay (on Discovery Health) where the couple was convinced they were having a girl, and ended up with a boy. They actually seemed shocked and upset in the delivery room when the doctor called out, it's a boy!

I remember the ultrasound tech telling us she was "95%" certain it's a girl. We begged her to be 100% sure :) , and she told us the only way to know 100% is through amnio. So I resisted the urge to "go pink" and made sure we had a boy's name that we liked just in case!!